Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Dry itchy scalp!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hey ladies my 2 year old has recently began having a problem with a dry itchy scalp. I recently started trying head and shoulders but I use it maybe three times a week and it hasnt helped. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this problem.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:39 PM

tru coconut oil, rub it in good then wash and dry. also might be somthing wierd ask the doc!

3earthangels
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:42 PM
I use tea tree oil. A few drops on the scalp, rub it in, let it set over night, and wash as usual. Also helps keep lice away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:42 PM

also...coconut oil is amazing if u buy some read the book "the coconut oil miracle" it does so much amazing stuff we use it tons and so does my doc. it can be like 11 bucks a tub but sooo worth it for all it can do

jessil83
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:44 PM

coconut oil or tea tree oil both work well, you don't have to use the oil itself a shampoo with them in it works. i had a horrid itchy scalp last summer when i started working outside and in swimming pools on a regular basis again. i got a shampoo w/coconut oil in it and it worked wonders

cshepard
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM
My hairdresser told me to mix a little baking soda with shampoo. Dont know if it works haven't tried it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Neem oil shampoo. Steer clear of anything with sodium lauryl sulfate.
KAREN05
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Thanks for the suggestions ladies, gonna def. look into them first thing in the morning. Where would I find coconut oil or tea tree oil?

KAREN05
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Wow just looked at her shampoo and thats in there. Is that a culprit for drying scalp?

KAREN05
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Quoting KAREN05:

Wow just looked at her shampoo and thats in there. Is that a culprit for drying scalp?

sorry I was trying to quote kodysmommy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)