Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Adult content-TMI* Pregnancy related complication question. WHY WON'T MY BODY BE NORMAL?!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:37 PM
  • 21 Replies

Today, I had the most insane scare of my life. I went to go pee, wiped and I'll be damned if there wasn't a huge, fleshy bulge in my vag, near the opening to my cervix. Being 28 weeks pregnant and with placenta previa, I absolutely panicked. I mean, my heart stopped.

I didn't think to get a mirror and look or anything. I called my OB, no answer, no return call. No mention of anything like it in What To Expect, called L&D and they told me to come in immediately. So, my totally freaking out self drives there all the while I'm trying not to cry and intently trying to feel every movement and kick from the kiddo.

After what seemed like FOREVER, I'm finally in the room and people go to check things out. Now, at this point, my imagination has me convinced my bag of water is hanging out or my placenta or dear god, even my bladder has fallen out... who the hell knew? No... Thank GOODNESS... but I do have a totally massive cyst that had apparently formed within a day.

They tried to cath me, thinking that there was no way I could pee with it where it was (pressing against my urethra) and I talked them out of it by convincing them I CAN pee into a cup... but they aren't sure if it's a Skeen's Gland or another gland, the one that controls lubrication. Now, either way, I have to take antibiotics and sit in really, really hot water three times a day. I can't towel dry... no, I have to dry my vag with a HAIR DRYER. ON HOT.

I feel like crying. If it doesn't 'come to a head' and...ew... burst... but Thursday, they're going to have to lance and drain it. NOW I'm terrified of the pain. Has anyone else gone through this? And WHY does the human body have to be so NASTY.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyranightshade
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:40 PM

BUMP!

art.diva
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:40 PM

((hugs))

my body did some crazy stuff when I was pregnant too, but nothing like that.  It sounds horrible, and I really hope you start feeling better soon!!!

GonnaBMom
by Miss.Fortune on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Oh my, i am sorry mama hugshope everything turns out fine!

periwinkle163
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Sorry I haven't ever heard of that but heres a BUMP

art.diva
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:42 PM

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/funny-pictures-cat-hugs-itself1.jpg

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Keeping you in my thoughts...HUGS momma...

KCallum1629
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:43 PM

I've never heard of anything like that.  Is there a name for it? and could you google it?  I'm sorry, sweetie.  But I am happy that baby is doing just fine :)  <3  try to relax (if you can) 

lyranightshade

Pregnancy and my body SO do not get along. I mean, my body doesn't react normally without the craziness of pregnancy... so all the hormones just add to the weirdness. I'm just sick of random crazy crap happening. And now this? It's just so...well... gross! And I'm humiliated so many people have to be poking at it and looking at it. And just... ew... lol

I totally needed those hugs!

Quoting art.diva:

((hugs))

my body did some crazy stuff when I was pregnant too, but nothing like that.  It sounds horrible, and I really hope you start feeling better soon!!!

egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:43 PM
No. But good luck? Hope you get better soon? What the hell are you supposed to say in this situation???? Lol nothing sounds appropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rennez
Never heard of it, but here is a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)