Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does a mother have the right

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:46 PM
  • 69 Replies
To deny a father visitation if he fails to pay cs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
haydsmom2007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:46 PM

no

Mama2.AN.LP.ZJF
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Not in PA. In PA, CS and visitations/custody have nothing to do with one another.

alientaxi
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:47 PM

no. not in my opinion.

unspecified42
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:48 PM

I'm a custodial single parent who had a HELL of a time getting child support and still do. And absolutely not.

LiesLiesLies

I don't think so. I sure hope not...that would be bullshit.

MixedCooke

I dont believe so

PaganMommy04
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Morally, I would say yes (depending on the circumstances.  If he is struggling to scrape by and doesn't have much money, then I would have to say that denying him his right to see his kids is bullshit heartless.  However, I would have to say that if he's got the money, is spending it on a bunch of other stuff rather than paying it to your kids, then I'd say that he deserves it because that makes it rather obvious what his top priority is).

Legally, no.  If you already have an order by the judge, you can't just take it upon yourself to deny him seeing his kids.  If he is willfully and wrongfully witholding child support, then you need to take it to your lawyer and have it go to court and they can decide what to do about it.

And if he's not paying because he seriously does not have the funds and he has good reason for not having the funds, then don't make it worse by not letting him see his kids.

And I say all this because no, I haven't allowed contact between my children and their sperm donor.  After he and I split up, no he has never paid child support and I was being very nice about it because he'd just moved to another state.  However, I quit being nice after he screwed me over on my taxes by not living up to an agreement we had made that would have made it to where I had more money in the tax refund to support the kids (and being that I still had to file married but separate that year, I was already getting beaten with the short end of the stick).   He went back on the agreement, lied about it, and I lost money that would have helped to continue to get the kids things that they needed, especially considering that, by the time I received my state return in the mail, I'd lost my job.

So........yeah.   My ex basically stole from his kids, and that's when I had enough.  But that's just me, and that is most certainly not a normal situation.  I haven't gotten to get my divorce yet and he lives in another state.  And I already know that, rather than ever TRYING to send the kids any money, he'd rather spend what money he gets on booze, partying, and living up the college frat-boy life.  >.<  So yeah.  Not exactly the best of circumstances.

clowncar
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM
I don't mean is it legal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:52 PM

no

haydsmom2007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:52 PM

well it's not right either, legal or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)