Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding REGISTRY cards in with the wedding invites!!! Am I the only person that thinks it is ok?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM
  • 21 Replies

Question: registry cards in with wedding invites

perfectly fine

tacky as hell

other..because there always is an OTHER

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 47

View Results

I have a friend that is getting married in the fall and she wants to put the wedding regisrty cards in with wedding invites.  I personally find nothing wrong with doing this. I personally would not trust word of mouth to get around about that.  I have gotten so many invites to weddings where the couple put the regisrty cards in with the invites and I thought nothing of it.

The truth of the matter is that people may or may not get you a gift even if you do not place the cards in with your wedding invites. I see nothing wrong doing this. Maybe I am just not into all the wedding rights and wrongs. I know that some of you are going to say that it sound selfish and gift grabby by doing this. I would much rather give guests an idea of what we would like that to get an ugly ass knock off TIFFANY lamp from auntie

I don't think it's tacky at all. Why is it ok to do this for BABY SHOWERS but not WEDDINGS? Let's face it, not ALL brides can have a bridal shower or a bachalorette party. It's WRONG to have a CASH BAR, it's WRONG to have a POT LUCK

I have learned that the people that think that these things are WRONG AND RUDE are usually the same people that DISAPPEAR when you NEED HELP or don't bother to lend a hand to struggling brides and grooms.

What do you ladies find to be tacky about weddings ?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I put them in my invites. I didn't expect gifts but so many people ask what they can get that I think they find it helpful. I sent thank you cards to those that gave a gift but I didn't keep track of who didn't. Its a courtesy i think. As long as you don't have the expectation of gifts.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I don't think a CASH BAR is wrong. I think it is fine to put a card in so the people know where to look.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:05 PM

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:09 PM

I don't see anything wrong with that. I put little notes on what to get my DS on his birthday invites, like the size clothes, shoes, and particular toys he likes ... so I don't get all these phone calls, lol.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:31 PM

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:41 PM

If there won't be a wedding shower then I think it's ok to do that. And it is ok to do that for baby showers because the shower will be the only event. Some engaged couples have two events: a shower and a wedding so in that case you would put the registry info with the shower invitation. So, like I said, if there won't be a shower then put the registry info with the wedding invitation. As a guest, I'd like to have an idea of what to get the couple instead of getting something random that might return or just putting money in a card.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:45 PM

I think you have an excellent point about the people who care about what is "rude" are the same people who are not the closest to you anyway. They are the ones who are attending for a party or out of obligation. I've learned that the hard way. Having said that I got around the wedding registry taboo by including my wedding website (free at the which included details about us, the wedding and our registry :-)

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Honestly, some people like to be told what to get or what that other person likes. It saves from the guest of honor from being bombarded with 1000 phone calls asking 'where are you registered' or 'what should I get you'. lol. Putting them in there doesn't mean she is expecting a gift or telling the person to buy it. Nothing wrong with it :) Any shower invite for a baby I have seen says 'registered at target' or wherever at the bottom of the invite. Why not for a wedding? I always liked to register for my baby showers but never expected a gift a single time. 

by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:55 PM

I put them in the invites to my wedding. I didn't even know til months afterward that some people think it's 'tacky' to do so but honestly I don't really care. It was the start of our married life, our first home and only we know what we have and what we still need. I also put them in for DD's birthday invites too, although not everyone gets stuff off her list which is fine too, they can at least look at it and figure out what she likes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)