Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THEY SAID I WAS BIPOLAR...AND I LOST MY FRIENDS WTF????? *LONG IM SORRY*

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM
  • 24 Replies

SO I THINK SOME OF YOU MIGHT REMEBER THE FACT THAT , I COMMITED MYSELF ABOUT 4 WEEKS AGO AND HAD 7 STAPLES PUT IN MY LEG (SELF-CUTTING).

THEY DIAGNOSED ME WITH BIPOLAR...WELL I LET MY FRIENDS KNOW ABOUT IT AND WITHIN THE LAST 3 WEEKS THEY HAVE ALL STOPPED TALKING TO ME...WELL TODAY I HAD MY FIRST APP. WITH MY THERAPIST, AND SHE SAID I'M IN NO-WAY BIPOLAR....I HAVE BORDER-LINE PERSONALITY DISORDER...AND I TOTALLY AGREE...THEY HAD ME ON LITHIUM WHICH IS MAKING ME WORSE BUT i HAVE TO TAKE UNTIL THURSDAY, WHEN I SEE THE NURSE.

IM SO CONFUSED ABOUT EVERYTHING, AND IM HIDING ALL OF IT FROM MY KIDS (23 & 16)...BECAUSE I DONT WANT THEM TO REALIZE IM NOT SO STRONG RIGHT NOW....MY QUESTION IS....HOW DO I DO THIS ALONE, BECAUSE I REFUSE TO FORCE THIS ON MY "FRIENDS'.... BUT I AM SO OUTTA WACK RIGHT NOW?????

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gallery
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Do you have family you can talk to?

KCallum1629
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I'm so glad that you're getting treatment. Those that abandoned you weren't your real friends in the first place.  I hope you figure out what works best for you and your family! <3

sierracafe23
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I completely know what you are going through. 5 years ago I tried to commit suicide and ended up hospitalized for a week for treatment. All my "friends" stopped talking with me and I had to get a restraining order on one for harassing me so bad. She would say things like "hang yourself again, and this time finish the job", etc... anyways... those who wont stand by your side now are not worth having in your life. I know it is hard now but you can make it through everything! Dont give up and stay strong for your kids. Make sure you have a good therapist... which it seems like you might and keep up on therapy. I went every week for a year and then every two weeks for another year. Dont feel like you have to hide everything from loved ones either. You need all the support and help you can get!

I was also mis-diagnosed with bipolar as well and put on lithium. I was on many other meds because of it too which messed me up. It took forever to figure things out and get meds regulated. Dont give up! If you dont feel right, or feel worse, let your therapist know! The meds that they give you may need to be changed, or adjusted for you.

I wish you the best and hope that you are able to find peace in your life soon. Glad to hear you are getting the help you need too!

kjms99
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I HAVE NO FAMILY JUST MY SON AND DAUGHTER....AND RIGHT NOW IM FREEEKIN OUT...FUCK EVERYBODY...IM SOOO DONE!!!!!!

Quoting Gallery:

Do you have family you can talk to?

snowpeasmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:44 PM
I have family that has that issue she said natural Lithum worked but prescription made her a walking zombie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittanyjo85
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Well, I'll be your friend.  :) 

hunterbugsmomma
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:47 PM

I was on lithium and i hated it!!! You can PM me if you want but im not going to go into the whole shabang on here! Good luck just hang in there!

Jojo907
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:50 PM

You really should talk with your kids about this. They probably already realize that something is wrong and that you are trying to hide it, they may even be thinking that it is worse than it is -like you have a terminal disease. As long as you let them know that you are getting help, they will be reassured and can help you to cope as well. As for your "fair weather friends" they suck and you don't need them! I bet your therapist could recommend some support groups in your area. Good luck and God bless you.

nemiller
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Are there any support groups in your area?  Something similar happened to my mother when she was diagnosed with Bi-polar and BPD (they aren't always mutually inclusive, but she had both).  All her shitbag friends bailed on her, but the people who really loved her stuck around.  She found a group at church called Celebrate Recovery, and they helped her a lot.

I just want to say that your willingness to seek and follow through with your treatment is great.  That in and of itself proves you aren't weak.  Good luck to you, hun!

Jena_miraclemom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Then they aren't your real friends hun. Real friends stand by you no matter what! I'm sorry you are having a difficult time. Maybe you should talk to your kids. I know you don't want to worry them, but they are old enough and will be supportive of mom. ((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)