Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It wasn't so funny then....

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM
  • 17 Replies

You all have them, so let me hear it. The "it wasn't so funny when it happened but it's hilarious now" stories. Here's mine:

My son was 3 and throwing a major tantrum in the store. I told hubby to take him to the car and I'd finish paying (we were at the checkout). The walmart door greeter (who was like 80) would not allow my hubby to leave the store because he thought my husband was kidnapping our son! lol. My son was screaming "nooooo!!! mommy!!!"  lmao, it's hilarious now thinking back.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KCallum1629
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:08 PM

LOL! love that story.  can't think of mine, due to exhaustion :)

Memigen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:12 PM

LMAO, when my daughter got into the chocolate syrup and painted herself.... the floor.... her toys.... feed her babies... etc.  Now that I recall it.... it was GREAT.

brown_crayon07
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:14 PM

When I was in labor with DS they shut my epidural off, and told me in about 20 minutes they were going to have me start pushing. Well, uhm my nurse liked me and set my epidural a little high for my high and weight, so I was feeling goood(I'm a total wuss when it comes to pain). So when it was time to push I couldn't feel the contractions to know when to push, it was that way the whole delivery. Haha anyways. My ex had a hold of one leg, my nurse had a hold of the other. She thought my foot was in the stirrup(keep in mind I can not feel anything) and well it wasn't. All I could say was "Oh, shit." lol I thought I was going to fall of the bed. Lol Wasn't so funny then, but it's hilarious now. HAHA

livin.ontheedge
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Quoting Memigen:

LMAO, when my daughter got into the chocolate syrup and painted herself.... the floor.... her toys.... feed her babies... etc.  Now that I recall it.... it was GREAT.

Oh yes, lol, I have many of those. Once with chocolate syrup and at least twice with poo poo....fingerpaints and poo poo ARE NOT the same thing, lol, but try telling that to a 2 year old. Once my son took sour cream and smeared it all over the couch then dumped a bunch of fish food on top of it, it was sooooo gross, lol.

livin.ontheedge
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:15 PM

LMAO!

Quoting brown_crayon07:

When I was in labor with DS they shut my epidural off, and told me in about 20 minutes they were going to have me start pushing. Well, uhm my nurse liked me and set my epidural a little high for my high and weight, so I was feeling goood(I'm a total wuss when it comes to pain). So when it was time to push I couldn't feel the contractions to know when to push, it was that way the whole delivery. Haha anyways. My ex had a hold of one leg, my nurse had a hold of the other. She thought my foot was in the stirrup(keep in mind I can not feel anything) and well it wasn't. All I could say was "Oh, shit." lol I thought I was going to fall of the bed. Lol Wasn't so funny then, but it's hilarious now. HAHA

Memigen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Lol, I have an entire folder on my computer labeled Hurricane JaAngel (a mixture of Angel and Jada) and i is dedicated to their antics. :)

Quoting livin.ontheedge:

Quoting Memigen:

Oh yes, lol, I have many of those. Once with chocolate syrup and at least twice with poo poo....fingerpaints and poo poo ARE NOT the same thing, lol, but try telling that to a 2 year old. Once my son took sour cream and smeared it all over the couch then dumped a bunch of fish food on top of it, it was sooooo gross, lol.

Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Can't think of anything right now BUT I know i have some so BUMP!!

sllytnkrbl
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:40 PM

I have a whole journal of stuff my kids do but I can't think of just the right one to post but I have one my mom tells all the time about when I was little.   We were at the grocery store and I was sitting in the carriage she heard people commenting on something "my goodness how can she not notice" or "how can you let your child eat that"  "someone should say something" curiosity got the best of my mom she started looking around to see what everyone was talking about.   They were talking about me, I had a smoked linguica (portuguese sausage) in my hands and I was munching away on it, wrapper and all.

She also tells one about my brother, she was in the market (yep once again) he was about 4 years old.  Well while waiting at the deli counter she stepped away from the carriage (actually to the side of the carriage) to grab a number and noticed a woman grab her cart with my brother in it, she knew the woman's cart was the one right next to hers so my mom grabbed that cart and followed, she knew the woman had done this accidently she wanted to see what my brother would do, he just stared at the woman for a few aisles then he finally said to her "hey you're not my mommy!" the woman was mortified, my assured her she knew it was accidental.

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Freshman year of high school I was sitting in my desk...dropped my paper on the floor. Instead of sliding it over with my foot...I reach over to get it, and the whole damn desk tipped over. Then this boy yells "steffanie are you alright?" Haha gosh that was embarrassing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymelissa76
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:48 PM

My first child was a C-sect and I felt like a train wreck. When I had my second, she was a VBAC. I felt so frickin wonderful after I had her. I tried to hop out of bed, not realising the epidural had not worn off yet. I got out of bed..peed all over the floor and fell in it. SO HUMILIATING at the time..now its hysterical..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)