Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something is bulging out of my chest...and it's very painful!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:08 PM
  • 27 Replies

I have been having some pain in my chest wall for about the past year. Three times I had something bulge out of my chest, and it was so painful that I would almost pass out each time it happened. When it first started last year, my doctor said he would keep an eye on it to see if it was a hernia..

A few weeks ago, it bulged out again. This time, it didn't go away on it's own, so I had to physically push it back in myself...talk about painful!! I called the doctor and he made me an appointment with a surgeon.

Today was my appointment with the surgeon. He said it feels like I have a fractured rib, and that it is also dislocated... The left side of my rib cage is sticking out further than the right and it's very painful...especially as he was pressing on it and making me do crunches.. =/

He sent me for x-rays, and gave me a strong anti-inflammatory. I go back in 6 weeks to see if it is making any improvement. If it isn't he said he may have to go in and wire my ribs back down to where they are supposed to be...that doesn't sound very pleasant! :( 

Anyone ever gone through something like this before?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KCallum1629
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:11 PM

sorry, mama. hope you feel better soon!

Bennett121
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:12 PM
No. Good luck! So sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCwife22
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Nope, but good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

1busymomma03
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Thanks ladies. I'm hurting quite a bit right now...from the doctor pressing on me so hard today. Hopefully, the pain is better tomorrow.. It hurts some every day, but not usually this bad. I'm also hoping it corrects itself, and that I don't need the surgery...but I'm not sure what the chances of that are since it has already been this way for over a year and it hurts me more now than it did when it first started...

rachblue
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:24 PM
Sorry mama that sounds awful. Best of luck to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherieb10
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:29 PM

No, sorry. I hope you feel better soon. Here is a bump for you.

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:30 PM

HUGS!!

MommiE8983
by McLovin on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:30 PM
No, thank goodness. That sounds so painful. Hope you feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staceyjoy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:31 PM
I have a separated rib in my back right now. When it pops out it feels like I'm having a heart attack and can't breathe. I can completely sympathize.

They've got me on muscle relaxers and ibuprofen. I went through the same thing several years ago and that worked but it took time and lots of rest.

I hope you get some relief soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy4U
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Yikes! I about passed out at the part where you pushed the bulge back into your chest!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)