Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you......

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

Clean your house?

I'm not talking about the day to day laundry, sweeping, dishes, toy pick up. I'm talking about the detailed mopping, vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing? I do the deep stuff once a week. Just curious what the average is. If i'm a decent house keeper or I need to step it up a little. FYI we are a family of 2 adults, 1 3yr old, 1 1yr old, 1 large dog and 1 annoying cat.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MixedCooke
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:31 AM

I try 1x a week too

sarabur420
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Mopping and scrubbing get done about 4 times a week.  I got my SO, 2 boys at home, and another boy in the NICU on his way home in about a month, so I gotta keep up on that stuff or it just gets outta hand, lol. Vacuuming is a must everyday, the boys figure out a way to get crumbs EVERYWHERE.  Cleaning the toilets is a daily thing, my 4 yr old and SO apparently have no kind of aim, and my youngest at home for some reason likes to play with the toilets, so they get a Lysol rub down at least once a day.   

Damali0812
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:55 AM

My DH use to be that way too so I hated cleaning the bathrooms. I fixed his aim issue by making him clean the bathrooms, which he does weekly for the last 11 yrs

Quoting sarabur420:

Mopping and scrubbing get done about 4 times a week.  I got my SO, 2 boys at home, and another boy in the NICU on his way home in about a month, so I gotta keep up on that stuff or it just gets outta hand, lol. Vacuuming is a must everyday, the boys figure out a way to get crumbs EVERYWHERE.  Cleaning the toilets is a daily thing, my 4 yr old and SO apparently have no kind of aim, and my youngest at home for some reason likes to play with the toilets, so they get a Lysol rub down at least once a day.   

a-SiZZLe
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:55 AM

once a week. maybe twice if ive had a stressful week.

poppys_mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:57 AM

I don't have a set schedule, but I know it's no where near 1x/week.  That seems like a lot to me-- but it's what I'm aiming for.  I think you're doing great!

Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:59 AM

It seems I do all those too much, lol. Except dusting. I HATE dusting only because I have to move stuff around and it upsets my OCD. Sometimes I let it go for 2 weeks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)