Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

should a girl wear a corsage for homecoming if she is going with a date?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 11:36 AM
  • 17 Replies
I told my niece she should wear one because she has a date and the date said she is getting her one.  is it too much? tacky? do we get him a buttoniere?
by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baileighsmommy
by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 11:38 AM
Well if she does have a date then he should get her a crosage and she should get him a buttonier...But i didnt like wearing one because when my husband and i where dating in high shcool he got me a beautiful crosage and by the time we got to the prom one of the flowers fell off i was soo mad
kerrigan_grayce
by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 11:40 AM
If she has a date he should buy her one and vice versa.. I loved corsages in high school
joezette72
by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 11:42 AM
I do believe it is almost like tradition in high school to get them for the big dances. 
Barbara_c
by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 11:43 AM
is homecoming even a big dance?
emptynest242
by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 11:44 AM
Yes, do let her wear the corsage and do get the young man a buttoniere.  I believe it's important to make every moment in their young life feel important.  Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

baileighsmommy
by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 11:45 AM
Yes or atleast it was in my school...Homecoming is the first dance of the year and then Prom is the last dance of the year....
Quoting Barbara_c:

alalsip
by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 11:46 AM
Yupper, Homecoming is a huge thing now.  And I had one when I went with my boyfriend in high school, but if I didn't go with a guy, no.

Amanda
Group Owner of 2007 Breastfeeding Babies

Glitter Graphics

jesusCo-Sleepingbreastfeeding

whosteachingwho
by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 11:46 AM
yep, he gets the corsage and she gets the boutinere(not spelled right, lol)
walkergirlsmom
by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 11:49 AM
I work for a florist and I'll tell you what I've learned. If he got her a corsage, let her wear it. They aren't the cheapest of things (ours range from $14-$30 or so). I'd get him the bouttoneirre. You can call the florist he used and have it match what he got her. Home coming is getting big, but the proms are still the biggest. Go for it, you're only in high school once. And I hope she has fun!
Barbara_c
by on Nov. 3, 2007 at 11:50 AM

Quoting baileighsmommy:

Yes or atleast it was in my school...Homecoming is the first dance of the year and then Prom is the last dance of the year....
Quoting Barbara_c:

Are there more dances? other than this and prom? plus she she stay with her date the whole night?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)