Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My four year old bumped his head and has a big goose egg.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 1:11 AM
  • 6 Replies

He fell back and hit the back of his head on the edge of my rocking chair and got a big goose egg. He continued to play and eat and act normal after the tears stopped. My husband said he was fine, he didn't hit it that hard, but here I am, sitting up, watching him sleep. I am such a worrier it is ridiculous. What is your experience with noggin bumps?  

by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Inkedhoney
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Poor little guy!  My ds is accident prone I swear!  The boy climbs on everything!  Dh's best friend taught ds to climb the walls in the hallway.  Ds will put his arms and legs out and shimmy up the wall.  He was showing Papa and he fell and hit his head on the vent for the heater.  He ended up with a big egg on his head, but was trying to get away to go back and play as we were trying to make sure he was ok.  We took him in to make sure he was alright and everything checked out just a big old egg on his head. 

CheshireCat420
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 1:22 AM
My almost 3 year old bumped his head the other night and had a big knot from it. I've read as long as the person injured didn't lose consciousness, get severe nausea and/or vomiting, have trouble walking/lose balance they should be fine. Those are 3 symptoms of a concussion. I still went and checked on him every couple hours after keeping him up a little extra before bedtime. If he was acting normally I wouldn't worry too much :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bayliesmommy
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 1:24 AM
My dd fell backwards and hit her head on the entertainment center. She was fine. She was also running and fell and hit her forehead right down the center on the corner of the dresser. Again she was fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jynnifer292
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Quoting Inkedhoney:

Poor little guy!  My ds is accident prone I swear!  The boy climbs on everything!  Dh's best friend taught ds to climb the walls in the hallway.  Ds will put his arms and legs out and shimmy up the wall.  He was showing Papa and he fell and hit his head on the vent for the heater.  He ended up with a big egg on his head, but was trying to get away to go back and play as we were trying to make sure he was ok.  We took him in to make sure he was alright and everything checked out just a big old egg on his head. 

Lol, I laugh because my son does the SAME thing. It drives me nuts.

Jynnifer292
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Quoting CheshireCat420:

My almost 3 year old bumped his head the other night and had a big knot from it. I've read as long as the person injured didn't lose consciousness, get severe nausea and/or vomiting, have trouble walking/lose balance they should be fine. Those are 3 symptoms of a concussion. I still went and checked on him every couple hours after keeping him up a little extra before bedtime. If he was acting normally I wouldn't worry too much :-)

Thanks, I figure he probably is fine. I wish he hadn't done it right before bed. smile

Jynnifer292
by on Apr. 3, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Quoting bayliesmommy:

My dd fell backwards and hit her head on the entertainment center. She was fine. She was also running and fell and hit her forehead right down the center on the corner of the dresser. Again she was fine.

You need bubble wrap. :0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)