Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

if you bank with Navy Federal, Service Federal or USAA listen up! Also please come in here if you find out your banks plan during a shutdown.

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 8:26 AM
  • 41 Replies

Navy Federal yesterday said they would advance military pay during a shutdown. Some employees told members this was not true. however Navy federal is now saying they WILL advance military pay during a shutdown. Waiting on them to officially update that on their website. update: According to 

Bknotnobod  that NAVY FEDERAL will ONLY be advancing pay for april 15th for ACTIVE DUTY who DIRECT DEPOSIT DFAS. I spoke to a rep this morning. They won't know anything else for sure until/if/when the government shuts down

Service Federal is also advancing pay to military members who are current members. They have announced this on their website.

USAA is offering lines of credit, increases to credit card limits and will waive any late or overdraft fee to their current members.  No options are listed yet on thier website..however when you call they connect you to a emergency agent who then begins to tell you what those options will be.

If you get anymore information on these banks post it..if your bank is going to do something during the shutdown post it..

this is a post for those who need information about what is going to happen to them finanically during a shutdown with answers from their bank on that end. So please keep this bumped!

edited: please don't think this is just for military people. I would love to know what ALL banks are going to be doing for ALL affected by a possible government shutdown

by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stevens_mom2008
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 8:27 AM
bump! thank you this is useful info to know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bugdoodle313
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 8:27 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colins_mom
by Heather on Apr. 8, 2011 at 8:28 AM
It doesn't affect my family but here's a BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mackQuin
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 8:30 AM

and please include non military banks. there are a lot of people soon to be affected by a possible shutdown i am sure many banks will have options in place for those affected.

mackQuin
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 8:32 AM

edited title..i want to make this post a quick reference..so please if you bank with boa or any other bank military or not and find out what their plans are if the government were to close shop please post it here.

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2011 at 8:34 AM

BUMP!

calcalmommy
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Bump

happymama0609
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2011 at 8:34 AM

BUmp BUmp BUmp. Thanks mack!

afields061506
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 8:36 AM

BUMP!

heatherhall29
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2011 at 8:37 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN