Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

i caught my son and niece in the shower

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 2:50 PM
  • 32 Replies

my son 3 and niece (3 as well) were playing upstairs in the play room .when i didnt hear them my sister went to check on them and they were in their undies trying to shower. I thought i locked my door but i didnt. Im happy they didnt turn on the water they could have got burned. anyways my brother (his daugther)  got mad spanked her sent her to bed. I didnt do nothing just explained to my son you dont take showers with out mom knowing. My brother was mad becasue i didnt spank him. they are only 3 years old they dont know better. My son calls her his girlfriend and allways asking to play with her. i dont know what he thinks they were doing.

What are your thoughts

by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caito
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Um...

wow.

Yeah, I'm not even sure, but here's a bump.

ff-princess
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 2:51 PM

I think you looked at it and handled it as the mom of a 3 year old, and he looked at it and handled it as the parent of a prepubescent girl, which she's not.  unless this is a repeat offense for her, I think he overreacted to seeing them nearly nekkid.  but I could be offbase, just my guess.

arianna24
I think your brother has different ideas of punishment. They're 3.... I'm just glad they didn't get hurt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoganandLily

I think he overreacted. They are only 3!! What you did was fine. Glad they didn't get hurt.

MyasMommy463
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Being naked with the opposite sex at that age is completely normal.. I think you did the right thing to explain about the shower not being safe with out an adult... spanking and sending to bed was not the right thing to do and could confuse and traumatize the little girl

hfs1998
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I think he overreacted.

Elevenhounds
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I think you handled it fairly well.  Maybe add in stuff about not getting undressed in front of others or somesuch. 

Your brother was too harsh IMO since they are only 3. 

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Apr. 11, 2011 at 2:53 PM

I dont think it was spank worthy either. They dont know anything sexual at three.

AngeLnChainZ
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 2:54 PM

At 3 my son knew better than to mess with water or the shower without myself or another adult there with him. I would have punished him as well. Seems you two have different ways of punishing your children, I don't see the big deal.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Apr. 11, 2011 at 2:54 PM
Yep, and I'm a spanker!

Quoting LoganandLily:

I think he overreacted. They are only 3!! What you did was fine. Glad they didn't get hurt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)