Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please answer if you have had wisdom teeth cut out...im freaking out!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM
  • 33 Replies

So i have only one wisdom tooth coming in and its been trying to come in for a while now.Its like half of it at the very very end of where my back molars are and half of it appears to be trying to come in pn this pink ridge looking piece of skin right in front of my jaw bone.I dotn know what you call it.Theres just a hole right now but it hurts like crap every time i eat or drink i guess beacuse its raw where its trying to cut idk.Like i am so scared they are going to have to crack open my jaw bone or cut that piece of skin its on and give me stitches i am so scared. Id almost rather deal with it then have it cut out.Please give me some insight if youve had them cut out

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom_since06
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:21 AM

BUMP!

Regina_Falange
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:22 AM

I had two like that, both of my bottoms, and neither of my tops had come in. They cut all of mine out, I was knocked completely out. I didn't take any pain meds over that weekend. (It hurt, but I took some tylenol to take the edge off so I could still care for my kids, since I didn't have any help) It wasn't bad at all. SO worth it. Mine hurt like a bitch. Those three or four days of mild pain to have them gone was SO worth it.

Mesha125
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:23 AM

They knocked me out, cut them out and stitched me up. Besides being swollen and in pain afterward it wasnt a big deal

malissaL
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:25 AM

I got liquid codeine when I had mine cut out, I found out I was allergic to codeine. I had no pain meds and the pain lasted a week or so afterward.                          best. diet. ever.

Its my body and I'll do what I want to.

Tatiana7
by Princess on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:25 AM
I had my upper wisdom's pulled when I was 22. (I'm 41). One was impacted, but only required one stitch. The stitches dissolve. I felt no pain while they did the work. I had more bruising on my face that were visible. I looked like I was in a boxing match! Lol. I healed up quick and had no bad after effects.

I hope this helps calm you down a bit. I had two girls under 2 that I was able to care for after without any problems. (I did have my spouse take the day off of work on a Friday to help me, plus he didn't work weekend)

allycally
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Let me tell you this you want them out my bottom wisdom teeth have been coming out for 3 years now an they hurt like nothing else...My jaw is literally being ripped open...I would do anything to have them removed...

Pink_Sunshine
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:27 AM
I have 3 of my 4 Wisdoms out and once your Mouth is numb,you won't feel a thing
britt6
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Mine actually grew the wrong way and started to grow into where my jaw hinges. SO I had mine cut out (I actually had to be put under because it was considered a major surgery.). Everything went well but because the surgery was so extensive I was very swollen afterwards and very very very bruised. Pain wise it was actually not to bad. I ate just fine the same day.

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Look

right now you are in constant pain.

After its out you will be better in two days.

A lot better

after a week you'll have hardly any pain

Stop fretting and get it out BEFORE it breaks your other teeth.

Seriously my 16 year old had it done LAST MONTH and she survived. Good luck hun

connie45
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:30 AM

I've had threee wisdom teeth pulled and still one to go.  One of them was coming up like you described - and that ended up being the easiest one for my regular dentist to go ahead and extract.  They give you shots and numbing gel.  It hurt a bit - but its imperative that it comes out as it will start pushing your other teeth forward and cause more pain. 

The others were/are extracted by an oral surgeon and they can either give you shots in the mouth or put you out.  I had 2 done at the same time, stayed awake (you can hear the exteraction)  and waited a bit and drove myself home with some pain meds.  No big deal. Worth it definitely.

If you can get through childbirth, you can do this.     

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)