Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grandparents are important, if you don't like your in-laws suck it up.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:41 AM
  • 417 Replies

I read a lot of people on here who hate their in-laws and sabotage their children's relationship with them. It is really not cool.

Unless your in-laws have abused your children or are endangering them in some way, you should promote their involvement in your kids lives.

If they don't want to be involved, that is on them, but keeping your kids from their grandparents (who as I mentioned in this scenario are not hurting them) is childish and only hurts.....

THE KIDS.

I would apologize in advance if this offends some, but quite frankly, I think I am right and don't think I need to apologize.

Story over.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv_my_xiya
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM
Eh...thats your opinion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2boys_1girl
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM

By the way. My ex has limited contact with my kids (his choice) so I facilitate time for them to see his parents (even though his mom dislikes me and we don't have a good relationship) because the kids love their grandparents and want to be in their lives.

JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:43 AM
My in laws favor my nieces and nephews. They have never shown much interest in my kids.
Plus fil has no problem smoking cigarettes or marijuana around children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmygirls1406
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:43 AM
Well, I try to involve my inlaws, but they will not step up. I cannot force them to. They see my girls every few months and that is it.
sojourner.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Lucky you to have a tolerable relationship with extended family. Some of us are not so lucky.

anikahaynes1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:44 AM

yeah my husbands dad sits on his ass all day when we bring the kids over, and his mom is the most forgetful person Ive ever freaking met, who also can not make a decision to save her life and always second guesses herself...damn right for the safety of my children we keep a distance between them. They also CHOSE to not be involved...

like just last weekend, my husbands mom was here visiting us, and said lets go to the discovery center ok great...she paid almost 100 dollars for us all to get in, and seriously, she stayed for ONE HOUR!!!

We offered for them to go to disneyland with us, the zoo, almost EVERYWHERE and they always decline. I do not feel my children are missing anything special with these people.

Regina_Falange
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Eh. Tough shit if you think that. Sorry, but if my DH and I have anything to do with it, the contact with his mother, and step father will be limited.

JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Besides, I won't promote a relationship with people who consider meth and making bombs "a phase every child goes through"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Yeah sure I'll let my no good alcoholic druggie MIL and SFIL who denies my children the right so see my children I don't fucking think so. You have no clue what goes on with other peoples families. My DH's immediate family is nothing but a bunch of toxic people that my children are better off with out. My kids are not around to be a seen and loved when it is convenient for them and when they want to look good to other people.

2boys_1girl
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Quoting sojourner.:

Lucky you to have a tolerable relationship with extended family. Some of us are not so lucky.

I don't. (My kids bio grandma and I don't have a decent relationship) but my kids aren't old enough to just up and go see her, so I take them. I just stay civil and watch out for their best interests because if I don't facilitate that relationship they wouldn't have it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)