Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you drink before the age of 21?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:24 AM
  • 49 Replies

How do you feel about your kids doing it?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Je_Jette_Poo
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Yes, I did.

When my child turns a certain age, I'll start letting him drink.

When I say drink, I don't mean getting drunk.

Regina_Falange
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Nope. My dh didn't drink til his 21st bday,and I didn't drink til I was 23. No joke, not lying, and neither of us have ever smoked/did drugs anything like that.

If they do, then I will be severly disappointed, but they will have to face the consequences, and they won't be fun.

razmatazthespaz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:27 AM

i did, more then i drank after turning 21!! lol!!

i believe in teaching responsible drinking rather then teaching fear of drinking!! so after 16 or 17, drinking in MODERATION at our home would be acceptable!!

partying and getting wasted, binge drinking... NO!!

heathermichelle
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:27 AM

I did. and I would rather my children not do it.

armywifenmom09
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:28 AM

I did... I tried to drink myself into an early grave.

And honestly... I would prefer they didn't. I was in a very bad place in life back then.

ADULT.CONTENT
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Yes I did. When they are teenagers then they will be allowed to have a couple drinks during a bar b que or whatever. Not get plastered but have a couple.

I also want to state it's bullshit that you can move out at 18, Join the military defending your country, putting your life on the line at 18, but can't have a drink until 21. If your a service member the 21 law shouldn't apply.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Yes it was legal to drink at 18 when I was 18.  I have never been much of a drinker and neither are my adult sons.  hopefully Erin will follow in our footsteps

Brittanie6807
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:29 AM
Lol yes. A lot. Funny thing is since I've been 21 I haven't been drunk yet lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juicebox.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:30 AM
Yes. It was legal when I was 18, I pretty much expect my child will be drinking by the age I was too. And that was younger than 18.
Lauren8681
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:30 AM

Um yes LOL. I dont think I knew anyone who didnt drink before 21. I would certainly not approve of my kids drinking at random partys with a bunch of hoodlum teenagers like I did, but I dont think it would be a problem if it were controlled and responsible. I think they would have to be at least 18 though, and maybe even graduated high school. Havent really thought about it, my kids are still so little.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)