Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ear infection help please :(

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:41 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have a horrible ear infection that is making the whole side of my face hurt so bad.  (I have it in both ears, but the one is way worse.)  When I swallow it is almost unbearable.  I had the freakin' hiccups earlier and was contemplating sawing my face off.  Well I went to the doctor and he gave my a z pack.  Since I got home it hurts so much worse, non stop.  Does anyone have any tips that I could do so I can get comfortable enough to actually lay down?  I can't get comfortable at all.  I'm guessing it's a long shot, but I had to ask.   Oh yeah I also have bronchitis, pink eye in both eyes and my freakin' period.  I'm in pure misery.  Thanks for reading. 

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommywife06
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:43 AM
Some kind of oil on a cotton ball. Or get hit over the head to get knocked out. Sorry I knoe how you feel. I always get double ear infections while sick. I had an upper respiratory infection double ear.infection sore throat and aunt flo. HUGS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nheoks03
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:46 AM

have a drink.. that'll should help you sleep pretty well lol

Have you tried using a heating pad laying down on that? I do that when I have ear infections it helps relieve all that junk built up in your ear
Or do you have any like tylenol PM to help take pain away and help you sleep?
I hope you find a way to sleep that sounds absolutely miserable!
Good luck! 

brvdsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:46 AM

try laying with your ear on a heating pad, should help. And who in the universe did you piss off to give you everything all at once? hope you feel better

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Crazy Chris on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:48 AM
My oldest son gets them all the time. I have used the OTC ear drops for pain. They seem to help. I have also used hydrogen peroxide, or apple cider vinigar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yo_ho
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:54 AM

I feel for you! I had an infected tonsil that I literally cried every time I swallowed spit. And my tonsil was so enlarged it put pressure on my ear nerve and gave me a crazy earache!

Can you take Motrin? might help with the pain and inflammation and cramping. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon =(

jackiec7707
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:56 AM

Haha.. I don't know what the hell I did, but it must have been horrible to suffer like this!  I haven't had pink eye since I was a kid or an ear infection for years.  Then to top it off, I get my period like once or twice a year usually, but OF COURSE it would have to happen right now.  I'm so fed up with life haha.  I do have a heating pad that I will have to dig out.  I forgot I even had one.. thanks for reminding me!   I took Nyquil and a percocet with no relief at all.  Hopefully the heat will help.  If not, I'll try the peroxide.  Whoever said about hitting me over the head or something..  Feel free to come over and bash away!! It could only make me feel better at this point.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)