Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A 17 Year Old Can Have Sex With A 13 Year Old

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:27 AM
  • 31 Replies

And not get in trouble for it with this new Michigan law as long as the sex was "Consensual"  I'm sorry, but there is something not quite right about someone who is almost an adult having sex with someone who is barely a teenager, consensual or not. It's one thing to be 21 having sex with a 25 year old, it is quite another to be 13 and have sex with a 17 year old. There is a huge gap in maturity there for most people.

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=14435952

MI sex offender law changes over consensual underage sex

By KATHY BARKS HOFFMAN
Associated Press

LANSING, MI (AP) - Many teenagers cited for having consensual sex with minors no longer would be listed on Michigan's sex offender registry under legislation signed by Gov. Rick Snyder. The governor signed the sex offender registry bills Tuesday to comply with federal law.

Under the measures, youthful offenders won't be listed for having consensual sex with partners who were between the ages of 13 and 15, provided the offender was not more than four years older than the victim.

The new laws call for a petition process to let those young offenders currently on the registry be taken off if a court determines the sex was consensual.

The new laws also add the most dangerous sex offenders to the registry for life and requires them to report to the police every three months.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:29 AM
I personal think NO 13 year old should be having sex period
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:30 AM

THAT is DISGUSTING !!  I would have killed my sons at age 17 for even looking at 13 yr olds  WRONG wrong wrong.

pinkiebabii
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:30 AM

When I was 14 I was having sex with 21 year olds. We were equally mature but now I think that was so gross. All we had in common was sex and what the hell did those guys see in a little girl.

southernjess3
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:37 AM

reading post like this always make me feel weird. at 13, i definetly wasnt imature. i was normal, but i didnt act or think, like a kid. i always assumed everyone was like that at 13, but reading on here, apparently most 13 year olds arent mature. they still act like children. so honestly, i dont know what to think. when i lost my virginity, the boy was years older than me, but since i was so mature, i think im the exception..........

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:38 AM

I can't imagine a 17 year old who is likely getting ready to graduate high school wanting to be with someone who probably still plays with Barbies, reads Teen Bop, and has mommy and daddy check the closet for monsters.

At 13 I was more interested in the latest boy bands, having sleepovers and discovering makeup than sex.

bananahammock1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:38 AM
Thats insane!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Yeah I see the point of it being bad-but at the same time I see the point of the gov to not have say a 15 and 17/18 yr who consent to sex to get in trouble and one of them end up on the registry as a sex offender.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:43 AM

lol on my local news' FB, they posted the story and someone actually said "A 13 year old knows what they are doing"

Yes, because a 13 year old knows that a 17 year old boy is lying when he says he will marry her if she sleeps with him, and when he promises her the world just for a little pussy.

momto3infl
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:46 AM

Southern I agree with you about how you acted as a 13yr I acted way more mature than many others in my age bracket and I see that with my dd.  Though I did wait to have sex till I was in college and the guy was a couple years older.  I def agree with the highlighted.

Quoting southernjess3:

reading post like this always make me feel weird. at 13, i definetly wasnt imature. i was normal, but i didnt act or think, like a kid. i always assumed everyone was like that at 13, but reading on here, apparently most 13 year olds arent mature. they still act like children. so honestly, i dont know what to think. when i lost my virginity, the boy was years older than me, but since i was so mature, i think im the exception..........

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:54 AM

I have to wonder who is going to take care of the babies these 13 year old girls have? If the parents can't afford to help or won't help, the girl will end up on welfare or her baby will be in the foster care system because most 17 year old boys will not take care of their kids. MOST, not all, will run away with the next 13 year old. I was taught about sex at 13 and how to protect myself but guess what? I also believed my FRIENDS when they told me if u have sex a certain way u won't get pregnant and boy were they ever wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)