Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2yr old locked me out.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:41 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ok so yesterday I left the door open and just closed the screen door so that I could take the dog out to go to the bathroom. I stayed on the back porch while the dog went to do her business and well my two year old had the bright Idea to lock the screen door. I call the dog we go to the door and i try to open it. I notice that its locked. I call my daughter over and ask her to unlock the door. She smiles and says No........ then I ask her again she tries and cant figure it out. So she grabs her two fake puppies and puts them at the screen and says ruff ruff wanna play mommy. I said No baby I need to come inside unlock the door. Then she says ok then Ill go to my room and play... Bye mommy.... She was being so cute and so funny at the same time that I could not help but laugh the entire time. Finally I notice that my neighbor (we live in base housing) has a broken medal thing in her back yard so i grabbed it and was able to get back in to the house. Right when i get back in the door. My DD asked me if I had fun! 

Have you ever been locked out of the house by your kids???

*Loving My Life*

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BV88
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:42 AM
LOL! She's sneaky yet adorable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futuremilf831
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:43 AM
Yes. Thank god there were people in the house and I had a cell phone. My DD knew what she was doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itzmyzoo
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:43 AM
No but they have locked me out of my office and my van!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:44 AM
Lol I worry about this I take my keys so I can come in the front door
If needed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morticiarose
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Yes I have...when my son was 2 my daughter was 6 months I went to check the mail which is like 20 feet from my front door. I didn't think anything of it and my son decided to lock the door and when I asked him to unlock it he said no and then went back to watching TV. I actually had to break into my house lol. I was so stressed at the time about it but I look back on it and it was funny...so ever since then I go out through the garage so I don't have to worry about getting locked out haha

.MommyEast.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Yes, but they unlocked it for me. lol.

stinkerbelle28
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:48 AM
Yeah, my then 4 yr old locked him and me out of the apartment! We have a door knob that locks, but even if it's locked it still turns on the inside. So I had DD (just turned 2 at the time) down for a nap and I called my mom, we have crappy cell service so I went out on the porch to talk to her (DS was watching a movie) then he came a out on the porch, talks to my mom and we hang up. Try to go back in and he has locked and shut the door! I had to push a window air conditioner back through the window (broke a glass table when it fell too), then stand on a ten gallon bucket and jump high enough to grab the window sill and hoist myself in. It was a brick window sill so I skinned and bruised my arms getting in there, but I did it. We get in and go check on DD who has pooped and taken her diaper off. Yeah, that was a super day, lol.
Pink_Sunshine
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:49 AM

LOL! oh no!! that hasn't happened to me yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)