Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe I have body dysmorphic disorder.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:45 AM
  • 39 Replies

I'm starting to think that I am actually bigger than I think I am and bigger than I feel.

:*(

Yesterday I was at the gym and there were a few pre teen boys in there lifting weights. About half way through my work out, a pretty young lady came in and started working out, too. When I left, the boys started making comments and calling out insults towards me. I am not going to let those stupid little boys get me down, but along with other things that have happened lately, I'm thinking maybe I really am bigger than I perceive myself to be.

When you look at yourself in the mirror, do you think you see an accurate portrayal of what you look like? Or do you see yourself bigger or smaller than you really are?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:47 AM

based on your avatar you look smaller.... i know when i was younger i thought i was fatter than i was...   now i bet i am like you describe - thinking i am better looking than i am...  but it is all perception.   i know lots of guys (from work or the neighborhood) that would say i am the perfect size ...   can i ask what size pants or dresses you wear?   and yes absolutely ignore all teenagers.

raegansmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I don't really know?  I try to look at other women & determine if I am bigger, smaller, or the same size as them.

I also sometimes think that no matter how much I weighed throughout my life, I have never been happy with my body or my weight.  I look at old pictures & think, "I wish I looked that good now." even though at the time it still wasn't good enough.  So I just wonder...where does it end?

momofone221
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:51 AM
*hugs*

I know how you feel. I think I have it also. I went shopping yesterday and tried on a bunch of different things. I left the mall feeling like a fat, disgusting cow. I have been pretty bummed since then. I just feel so gross and fat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matheson7
by Susan on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Or maybe you just met a couple of jerks.

paper_clip
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:52 AM

I see myself smaller (not by much) when I look at myself in the mirror. And then I see a picture of myself and think "WTF?"  That's why I have a million pictures of myself on my phone, not because I'm conceited, but because I'm tryin to make myself look like I do in the mirror. 

LCG83
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:52 AM
They are idiots because you are sooooo sooooo sexy. You have an awesome figure! I usually see myself as gigantic, and I am but probably not as bad as I think.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:53 AM

nope. i'm fat and i know it. i feel fat, i look fat, i am fat.

momofone221
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:53 AM
Wow. I do this too! I did it this past weekend actually. Omg, I had a hot bod, but at the time I didn't like it!? Its sad.

Quoting raegansmom:

I don't really know?  I try to look at other women & determine if I am bigger, smaller, or the same size as them.

I also sometimes think that no matter how much I weighed throughout my life, I have never been happy with my body or my weight.  I look at old pictures & think, "I wish I looked that good now." even though at the time it still wasn't good enough.  So I just wonder...where does it end?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:54 AM
People are stupid!! Sorry you had to deal with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.kk.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Quoting AmaliaD:

based on your avatar you look smaller.... i know when i was younger i thought i was fatter than i was...   now i bet i am like you describe - thinking i am better looking than i am...  but it is all perception.   i know lots of guys (from work or the neighborhood) that would say i am the perfect size ...   can i ask what size pants or dresses you wear?   and yes absolutely ignore all teenagers.

I'm a size 12-14.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)