Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help Now Plz!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:03 AM
  • 24 Replies

My 5 yr old has two front teeth that, a long time ago, she chipped.  They are now discolored but are not rotten and do not have cavities.  

Her dentist wants to pull them out.

I don't think they need pulled.  They do not hurt her at all.  She has never complained about them.

Should I get a second opinion?

Oh yeah and the last time that we went he said that they could put a crown on them but if we didn't it wouldn't make any difference.  And now he's changed his mind.

UPDATE

I called my dentist this morning to talk to them about it and they said to bring her in.  So we went in and he took a look at her teeth and he said that there was no reason to pull them if they weren't hurting her.  And that the cavatie that she had wasn't big enough to put a crown on. 

So I'm so glad that I got the second opinion.  Thank you everyone for your advice.  And she's never going back to that dentist again.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CupOfCake88
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:04 AM

BUMP!

TennesseesSuga
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Well im not sure they are baby teeth right so  i dont see y it should really matter if they stay til they fall out if they are not causing any  issues  but if they are harming other teeth or causing issues then i would just let him pull them

MamaSusieQ045
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:06 AM
What is his reason for wanting to pull them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:07 AM

What color are they? When my son fell and injured his 2 front teeth, they turned really white in the middle of the teeth.  What reason did the dentist give for pulling them?

CupOfCake88
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:08 AM

BUMP!

orcadarwin
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:08 AM

They will come out anyway.  If they are discolored, then they are probably rotting.  My daughter broke one of her teeth about a week before she turned two.  She broke it into 3 pieces.  It had to be pulled.  She bent the one next to it back, but it didn't break.  The dentist told me that if it started to discolor or swell, then it would need to come out, too.  He said something about it damaging the place for the permanent tooth to come in.  

That's what I was told by a pediadontist.  

CupOfCake88
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:09 AM

They are just a yellowish color and he gave no reason.  I talked to the receptionist and didn't have a chance to talk to him.

KelseyLynn
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:10 AM

I would get a second opinion. If they don't hurt and aren't rotting, there should be no need to pull them. Especially since they are baby teeth and just going to fall out anyway. My daughter has one top front tooth that's a little discolored and misshaped, and every dentist visit, I ask about it, and they always tell me, it doesn't have a cavity, and it's not hurting her, so we will just leave it. If it starts hurting her, then we will do something about it.

Dixie40

If they are not causing her any health problems I wouldn't have them pulled. They will proably come out soon anyway. Why would a dentist expect you to pay to crown teeth that are coming out soon on their own?

CupOfCake88

the inside of the teeth are not exposed. the chips are just two small superficial chips

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)