Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

packed lunches

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM
  • 21 Replies

I'm always looking for new ideas for my childrens' lunch.  What are your favorite things to pack in your child's lunchbox?

Juicy bunch member

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I usually send a sandwich, chips/crackers & a fruit cup & drink. Her lunches are boring. She convinced grandma to buy chips & fruit rollups. I don't buy that stuff. 

mykidsmom512
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:25 AM

I wanted to post something like this today. You beat me to the punch !

I pack a lunch for dh and ds(16) everyday, I know they are sick of sandwiches !

I rotate between ham and cheese/ turkey and cheese and pb and j. I do use different types of breads and cheeses to spice it up a bit. I will also do potroast ot thinly sliced steak on days I have leftovers from dinner.

I always include some fruit, an apple, a banana, some grapes or cantaloupe and some type of chips or goldfish or something like that.

Looking forward to more ideas.

metalhealthmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:26 AM

When I make DH's lunch I give him leftovers, lol. 

littleluvkitty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:33 AM

mine love string cheese. i get the low fat ones (they don't know the difference) i make my own trail mix too that they love!

k_hall1784
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM
I usually pack a sandwich, a piece of fruit, a snack (cookies, crackers, rice crispy treat, etc...) And a juice box or water bottle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:36 AM

sandwich (or leftover pizza or stramboli if we have it), fruit, some kind of snack item and a drink

cherieb10
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:38 AM

I usually pack a sandwich, chips and those 100 calorie snacks.

MattnAerynsmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:39 AM

I usually pack my son a ham and cheese sandwich (they are not allowed peanut products at his school), either teddy grahams or gold fish, yogurt and either a water or juice.

BonitaM
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Today I packed a chicken salad and cut up mango and a drink box.  I really need to start planning lunches.  I usually just put something together in a hurry in the morning. :o(  

Vandyswife
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:43 AM

my husband just grabs leftovers in the morning.. haha. but i "prepackage" all the leftovers so that they are "meal sized" so i guess I kinda DO make his lunch... in a way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)