Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

babysitter question

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:27 AM
  • 8 Replies

Every time my son has to go to his babysitters house (3 days a week) he cries when we drop him off, and it makes me feel so bad. Does this mean he doesn't like it there? When we go to pick him up he is all happy and fine, and i know she treats him well over there. It just concerns me that he cries in the morning. Ant advice

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
myfoursonsks
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:28 AM

It is normal.

ErikaRobin

He just has a hard time saying goodbye.

Many kids do.  They're fine and dandy within 5 to 15 minutes of you leaving.

How do you react to his tears?

Lanie_momofone

It's called "guilt trip" i bet you anything 5 minutes after you leave ...he is as happy as can be. Children do it all the time, they dont mean too...but they do. Mine did it as well...it tore me apart..then the one day i thought i would look in on her through the window and she was laughing and having a ball...from that time, i stopped letting it bother me.

AjsMom0508
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:29 AM

It's a phase.  My DS did the same thing for several months at his daycare.  He would cling to us and not want us to leave.  As soon as we were out the door he would stop crying.  Now when he gets dropped off all we get is, "BYE!" No hugs or anything lol.  He runs off to play.

my_three_sons
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I know you feel bad but a lot of kids go through it.  You can help him by not making a big deal of him crying.  Just kiss him and leave, don't stick around...that just makes it worse. 

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM

I have kids that come and will do that every now and then (not daily). They are seriously just fine as soon as mom or dad shuts the door lol.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:43 AM

It's totally normal. My DD cried lots of times too. She was fine 1 minute after I left, LITERALLY. It was just a show for me.

andrea515
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I have a daycare and a child who also does this . As soon as his mom leaves he is totally fine , he stops crying as soon as she closes the door . That is normal .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)