Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are your feelings on?????????

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:28 AM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: Is it ok for them to search your child like they do an adult?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

Wondering how your feelings are if you saw it on tv about the lil girl that got searched at the air port? What are your feeligs on this whole thing?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:28 AM

yes.

art.diva
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Yes.  Sadly, people use kids to smuggle stuff all the time.

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:30 AM

I internal body check hell no but that is my child and she will not be  violated but I do see a point there have been terroist who use their children to carry bombs (and are blown up) so I can see how using a child is a "good" tactic".  When we were at Frankfurt Airport (Germany) they put dds stuffed animal in a special box that tested it for I guess bomb materials.  They also ran the scanner over her and she was like 2 if that.

myfoursonsks

I didn't see the story, but yes.  There are crazy people out there that would have no qualms in planting something, even a bomb, on a child.  So, if there is reasonable suspicion, I would say yes. As long as a parent is present or someone that can advocate for the child.

pamom4kids

Me personally as long as I am there with them and like the lady tha did the search was telling the child everything she was doing I would be ok with it. I mean if someone is dumb enough to strap a bomb to them self you just never know what they could have a child do! Just my opinion.

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Yes, but they need to have cause to do so and I have to be present. If they didn't do it then people would just hide things on their kids so they can get away with it. I would rather know they are doing their job and everyone is safe than be upset that they searched my son. 

pamom4kids
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:33 AM

I dont mean an internal one I mean where they feel you from the outside and also explaing what there doing I do believe the lady was all in the right for what she did its her job!

MamaCass1219
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I don't know ...I'm deathly afraid of flying and will NEVER do it , so because of that my kids wont be flying either ..obviously I can't stop them from flying when they become adults , but by then ...they will be adults , so this wouldn't pertain to them .

CafeMom Tickers

RheaF
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Yes I saw it. While it is  sad that this is what our society has come to, I for one am glad they are doing their jobs. People use their children to smuggle drugs, bombs, weapons, all the time. Also, they did give the Mom the option of just sending the child through the body scanner. She refused, so the agent had no choice. It was done in a very professional manner and the agent made sure the Mom knew and saw what was happening.

IMO, all those who are outraged would be singing a different song f they had pulled cocaine out of the Child's waistband, or anything worse. They would all be praising TSA, not condemning them for doing their jobs.

We need to stop thinking a terrorist or drug smuggler is going to try and walk on a plane wearing a huge button that says "Hi, I'm a.....ask me how". They are soccer Moms, They are Moms with babies, they are the cute couple helping their Elderly Grandpa on the plane, etc. If your going to be mad, be mad at the sickos that have made things like this necessary.

JordansMama2003
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:45 AM

I saw the video this morning on the Today Show and I didn't see anything wrong with it. I would definitely recommend talking to your kids and explaining what the security process is so they can be prepared.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)