Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wiccans...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM
  • 9 Replies

are you one? why are you one? what are your beliefs? 

do you practice magic, witchcraft? or believe in either? 

how do you feel about others perceiving you as evil spell-casting freaks, if they do at all?

if you found out that your ancestors were wiccan, would you embrace it and follow in their footsteps? or would you shun it?

TO wiccans: why should people believe you're not evil witches? or devil worshippers? or  just plain crazy? would you be offended or would you educate them?

if you are NOT wiccan, would you ever consider becoming one? do you trust those who are?  or do you avoid those who are? 

if you're wiccan: by all means, educate us. :)

*personally, i don't care what religion you are, as long as you don't force it on me and keep it to yourself. the above description of wiccans, is what some presume wiccans are. i'm asking for wiccans to confirm: what are you all about? simple question.*

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ErikaRobin
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM

It's just another way to feed our souls.  Wiccans are oftentimes spiritually healthier than Christians. 

Each religion has its crazies and heros.  It's what you bring to it.

bethmoore71
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:44 AM

I'm not wiccan, but I suppose I could be labeled pagan. My 17 year old DD is a practicing wiccan, and has been for 3 or 4 years now. She's an empath, and also sees & feels spirits. Water is her element. She doesn't cast spells, per se, but has smudged our apartment a few times in trying to get rid of a malevolent spirit(s) that keeps coming back. There's something in her bedroom, and she refuses to step in there. For over two years now, she's been sleeping with me in my bedroom. It's annoying, but I'm supportive of her beliefs.

joli13
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:13 AM

that is very well said!

Quoting ErikaRobin:

It's just another way to feed our souls.  Wiccans are oftentimes spiritually healthier than Christians. 

Each religion has its crazies and heros.  It's what you bring to it.

joli13
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:14 AM

what is the main difference between pagans and wiccans? i truly don't know. 

mumma2brayden
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:15 AM
Bump
art.diva
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I'm not currently Wiccan, just a regular eclectic pagan, but its something I've been studying for a while.

There are several misconceptions about paganism, but someone has to be willing to learn with an open mind if they want to be educated about what Wicca is actually about.

ErikaRobin
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Quoting joli13:

what is the main difference between pagans and wiccans? i truly don't know. 

Wicca is a more specific sect of Paganism.  Paganism covers a broad range of beliefs.

I consider myself a Cafeteria Catholic with Pagan tendencies. 

joli13
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:30 AM

i agree. many of the misconceptions i listen in my post are what i've heard only. that's why i'm asking to be educated...i can admit my ignorance: i hear wiccan, i think witchcraft, spells, etc. i know it's much more than that. but, i also have a few friends and i've seen a few on here who make it ONLY about that, and say, "i'm wiccan, i''m going to cast a spell on you!"  they use it to scare off people! 

Quoting art.diva:

I'm not currently Wiccan, just a regular eclectic pagan, but its something I've been studying for a while.

There are several misconceptions about paganism, but someone has to be willing to learn with an open mind if they want to be educated about what Wicca is actually about.

pink.princess87
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:43 AM
Nope, I won't... The only girl I know that's wiccan also thinks she is a vampire...she and her dh draw eachothers blood and drink it... I know not every wiccan is like that probably, but she's also the only one I've ever encountered, and I won't hang out with her anymore bc of all the creepy things she does...the blood is probably the least creepiest part...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)