Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can ya'll give me some medical advice?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:20 AM
  • 5 Replies

Ok, so I was diagnosed with "Mother's Thumb" in August after baby #3. Now, after 8 months and 3 rounds of steriods and it's been splinted for months now, I'm getting really frustrated. I can't function anymore (thank goodness it's my left wrist), but I can't put on the kids shoes, can't button things, I can't turn the key to lock the door... and so on. I've been to the doctor numerous times and they just shrug it off and give me another round of steriods. Anyway, I fell over my daughter's bike yesterday and I guess I caught myself with my bad wrist. Now, it's unbearable pain and something feels pointy on the inside. It's not bruised or swollen like it's broken, but it's REALLY tender to the touch. I dunno, I guess I just don't know if I should go get it seen about (although, I know what my doctor will say) or just suck it up. It's just SO long in pain and I'm losing basic function. What would you do?

Thanks in advance!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Go to another doctor, and get a second opinion...

poshkat
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:23 AM

go to the ER.

art.diva
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Talk to your doctor, and if he/she isn't helpful then try to get a second opinion.  GL!

brown_crayon07
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:26 AM

I have no idea what Mother's Thumb is...so I can't really give you any advice, other then get a second opinion.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Me either, what is mothers thumb?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)