Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Overweight' teen vs. American Idol.... who's telling the truth?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:32 AM
  • 1 Replies

Poll

Question: Who do you think is telling the truth?

Options:

Ashley

American Idol

Something's fishy about both stories

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

So, who do you believe?

I am left to wonder if there is fallicy on both sides of the story.

"Overweight teen Ashley Kauffman banned from American Idol audience"

Sorry Lane Bryant Shoppers, not all waistlines are created equal, according to producers of American Idol.

The show responsible for debuting supersized singing stars such as Mandisa, Ruben Studdard, and the formerly plump Jennifer Hudson is under fire for allegedly rejecting an audience member for being “too fat.” Ashley Kauffman, 19, was an official Idol Stan super-excited about attending a taping of the hit show — that is until she was told she wouldn’t be allowed to sit in the front row because she’s “too big.”

“So everyone is so shocked about pia going home, as was i, but my biggest shocker with idol last night was when I wasn’t allowed to sit in the front row with my friends lastnight [sic] because I’m too heavy! Yup I was told I couldn’t sit with them because I am a little heavier than they are. I’m truly hurt and disappointed in idol!” Kauffman wrote in the Comments Section of American Idol’s Website last week.

On Monday, Ashley told RadarOnline.com that she and five friends arrived at Idol’s FOX Studios to take their seats when this happened: “There were two ladies and they kind of looked us up and down… then [one of the ladies] looks at me and goes, ‘Oh no, you’re just too big, too heavy to be in front!’”

A shocked Ashley, who describes herself as “not that big,” was seated in the back row of the theater when she was again insulted — this time by a ticket attendant.

“The guy grabs my ticket and looks at it and goes, ‘This makes sense why you’re not with the skinny girls. You’re in the last row.’ I was really offended,” Ashley added.

Bologna, say Idol producers! Show bosses deny Ashley was snubbed for size. They say her group was only separated because their tickets were split into two groups of three, and didn’t have them sitting together. A.I. rep Manfred Westphal issued a statement on the incident to TMZ.com on Tuesday.

“At American Idol, we always strive to assure that every audience member has the best experience possible. These allegations are simply untrue.”

A brief denial isn’t exactly the kind of retribution Ashley’s dad had in mind. Randy Kauffman says he’d like the show to issue a public live apology for humiliating his daughter.

“I would like to see American Idol give her an open apology,” he tells Radar. “She wants an apology and it should be a live apology, if that’s what it takes.”

American Idol Fat Audience Member Controversy 500x333 “No Fatties Allowed!” Overweight Teen Ashley Kauffman Banned From “American Idol” Audience “No “American Teen Overweight Kauffman Idol” from Fatties Banned Audience Ashley Allowed”

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Memigen
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM

b u m p

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)