Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have a child in preschool please open!!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:43 AM
  • 69 Replies

I am thinking of putting my DS (almost4) in Preschool. Is it really needed? I'm a stay at home mom so I dont need daycare, but was thinking it would be good for him with learning and socializing. Are your kids always sick? And if you have them in preschool, what kind.. Daycare/preschool, Private pre-K program, Public school Pre-K. How much do you pay ? ( you dont have to answer that one) . PLEASE HELP I AM NERVOUS!

Thanks!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MyBabyDallen
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Heres a bump. I just enrolled mine in pre k at a public school this morning. He will be 4 in june.

momme2anangel
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Quoting MyBabyDallen:

Heres a bump. I just enrolled mine in pre k at a public school this morning. He will be 4 in june.

Mine will be 4 in june also.... I'm nervous!

momme2anangel

BUMP!

andrea515

My dd is on her 2nd year of pre school . She goes to a pre school that partners with the public schools . I love it and so does she . She has never really been to sick from the other kids , but her preschool is really good about washing hands .

connorsmommy120

DS is in Kindergarten now but, he went to preschool last year and he was also 4. I am also a SAHM so I thought it was a good idea to send him to socialize, learn etc. He LOVED it. He went twice a week for 2 1/2hrs. It was a public school but we still had to pay $570.00. He only missed 1 day of preschool from being sick. Even now in Kindergarten he hasn't missed a day due to sickness. (snow days, yes lol)

platt2mommy

bump, cause my MIL thinks I should put my daughter in it but I am gunna have a hard enough time putting my daughter in kindergarten! =(

anna_mccall
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:47 AM

My kids start this fall. They will be 5 in Nov. My oldest I started her in a 3yo program and it was the best thing ever. She learned to be away from us, she learned how to socialize with other kids, she learned to write and read her name, and a bunch of other things. We couldn't afford the 3yo program with the twins. They are developmentally behind and are autistic so they really need to pre K program.

connorsmommy120

Oh, and I was EXTREMELY nervous...I cried for the first two weeks after I got back in my car from dropping him off. lol It does get better though!

graciesmom6206

My daughter goes to a Kindercare, she has gone since she was 7 weeks old.  Right now she is in their Pre K program.  I think for socializing and the education it is definitely value added.  She loves all of her friends, is extremely socialized and not shy in the least.  Also, with how much value her center puts on education along with what we have been doing at home she is actually ready for 1st or 2nd grade.  She will be going to a private school this fall that is a mix of Kindergarten and first graders so now she will be able to do advanced work.  And as for being sick, she was really sick her first year attending there but now she has had maybe 2 colds this past year or so. 

Shaynas_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:47 AM

DD is 4, and she has benefited so much from preschool. She will go one more year in the fall, and then starts kindergarten in 2012.  She has been sick a couple times, but nothing major. We pay $90 a month for 3 days a week, 3 hours a day. It's a Christian preschool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)