Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doesn't buy it now mean pay now??!!!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:53 AM
  • 9 Replies

I've never had this issue on Ebay.  Everyone who selected buy it now, paid right then.  I had a buy it now listed with 3 items and this person did the buy it now for all 3 but didn't pay.  I've sent 2 invoices.  She's now tied my item up for 5 days!  GRRR!!!!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
my_three_sons
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:55 AM

If you have sent her an invoice and stayed in contact with her, I would file a claim against her. I had to do it once...I bought and paid for something and the lady never sent it, so I filed a claim and won.

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Yeah, that makes no sense to select buy it now, but not pay now. Hope you can get ahold of her.

ff-princess
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:58 AM

you can change your settings in your auctions where the BIN doesn't actually work unless they pay right then.  it's a PITA though if you offer combined shipping, because then you have to refund and reinvoice, and a lot of people don't understand that.

sallymoon
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Wow.  What a douche-bag customer!  What's the stated policy for that?  I've seen many Ebay auctions that stated payment must be made by X amount of time after the end of the auction.  I always pay immediately when I select "buy it now".

Child Passenger Safety Technician

NevaehAndAjsMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:02 AM

report her.

momma-flynn
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:03 AM

that sucks. i've never sold on ebay & only bought in auctions, not buy it now. dh has done buy it now on other websites & always paid immediately. 

Mommy2_two
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Anytime I have done that it made me pay. I thought if you didn't it just went back to being open for other bids.

elle7777
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Yeah its annoying. I don't know about bin auctions, but with standard ones they have 7 days to pay.

stefvan
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Thanks, ladies.  I'm going to report her if she doesn't pay today.  And figure out how to make people pay now on buy it nows!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)