Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get a 9 yr old to GAIN weight?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:55 AM
  • 19 Replies
We just came home from the nutritionist and she is wanting my almost 9 year old dd to gain 8 lbs. She eats all the time and we eat very healthy but she is losing weight. I got a lot of great tips but wanted to see if you ladies had any insight. She is now drinking pediasure 3 times a day on top of her 3 meals and 4 snacks a day. She can't have milk. As of today we are sending 2 snacks plus pedicure and v8 juice for her to eat in between lunch times.
Thanks ladies if you read all this. :) any snack or food ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love.My.Soldier
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:56 AM
Pediasure*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiffany3949
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:57 AM

bannana and alvacados can make you gain weight like crazy. I got my son to gain 3lbs in a month by giving him one of each a day for that month.

anna_mccall
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:59 AM

My husband's football coach told them to drink milk and eat a couple of peanut butter sandwiches before bed. Since you're daughter can't have milk what about a PB sandwich and a pediasure. After 7pm is when the body usually slows the metabolism down. Which is why if you eat late at night you tend to gain.

Love.My.Soldier
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Thank you. Avocados are going on my shopping list. She loves guacamole! We already buy bananas. I'm just going to have to make her eat more of them.

Quoting Tiffany3949:

bannana and alvacados can make you gain weight like crazy. I got my son to gain 3lbs in a month by giving him one of each a day for that month.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love.My.Soldier
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:01 AM
Nightime snack is a good idea thanks! She doesn't like peanut butter but I'm sure almond butter would substitute okay.

Quoting anna_mccall:

My husband's football coach told them to drink milk and eat a couple of peanut butter sandwiches before bed. Since you're daughter can't have milk what about a PB sandwich and a pediasure. After 7pm is when the body usually slows the metabolism down. Which is why if you eat late at night you tend to gain.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anna_mccall
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I'm sure it will.

Quoting Love.My.Soldier:

Nightime snack is a good idea thanks! She doesn't like peanut butter but I'm sure almond butter would substitute okay.

Quoting anna_mccall:

ktwister
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Can she have peanut butter?

We make shakes my mixing milk but you could sub something like boost or pedisure, peanut butter and bananas, ice and mix in a blender

Shaken1976
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:05 AM

My kid is in the same boat.  The kid can put away an entire steak, green beans, brown rice and a roll and still be hungry.  We quit ordering her kids meals when we go out to eat because she is still hungry.  Yet at eight years old she weighs about 42 lbs.

Love.My.Soldier
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:06 AM
That sounds super yummy! I'm sure she would love that!

Quoting ktwister:

Can she have peanut butter?

We make shakes my mixing milk but you could sub something like boost or pedisure, peanut butter and bananas, ice and mix in a blender

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love.My.Soldier
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:08 AM
It's crazy how much kids can eat! I wasn't worried too much about her weight until she started losing. She started sports almost everyday of the week so I'm worried with all the extra exercise she will lose more.

Quoting Shaken1976:

My kid is in the same boat.  The kid can put away an entire steak, green beans, brown rice and a roll and still be hungry.  We quit ordering her kids meals when we go out to eat because she is still hungry.  Yet at eight years old she weighs about 42 lbs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)