Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM
  • 9 Replies
My daughter will be three at the end of June and is not potty trained yet we try bought cool panties etc.. I will ask her a bunch of times but she won't go she started wanting to when she first turned two but then stopped I can't make her sit on the toliet and pee my mom is always making rude comments about it and now says it's bc the way I parent and my daughters going to be 16 and still in diapers. It's really getting annoying I tell her when shes ready she's ready I can't force her to urinate in a toliet but I don't want my mom saying rude things to her anymore anyone else have a late potty trainer?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Justine1123
by Justine on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:10 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:11 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaydensMommy007
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:13 AM

really not understanding what your mother has to do with anything. You are your childs mother. You get to make the rules.

My DD was potty trained before she 2.5, but she was ready. She picked out her panties, I made a chart, got some stickers. In the morning I sat her on the potty and made her try. Put her in the panties and every 20-30 mins I would take her and sit her on the potty. I didnt ask her if she had to go (on the first day at least). Sometimes she peed, sometimes she didnt. She got a sticker on her chart no matter what.

The next day I did the same thing but I started asking her if she had to go.

By the 4th day, she was completely day trained.

jltplk25
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:14 AM
My DS was 3 before he was potty trained. We didn't want to force him but it finally just taking him to the bathroom as soon as he woke up of a morning. If your DD isn't ready, she isn't ready. Putting both of you through unnecssary stress isn't worth another persons approval.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:14 AM

i'm struggling with my 3 year old son. i let him pick out big boy  undies. we have a sticker chart up and when he gets a line filled with stickers he gets a hot wheel. he STILL doesn't want to go potty. i ask him every hour to go sit on the potty and he just doesn't want to. every once in awhile he'll go. we got 3 stickers yesterday. but if i try to get him to wear his underwear he brings me a diaper and says "i want this".  i even tried letting him run around naked for the day hoping it would be easier to get him to sit on the potty. nope he didn't want that.

i didn't have this issue with my daughter. she was so good about it.

poshkat
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:15 AM

your daughter will not be 16 and still in diapers, tell your mother to CHILL. i just potty trained my son in december and he turned 4 in jan.

i didnt notice at first but he wanted to read a book about potty training over and over just 2 weeks before i decided no more diapers. it was like him telling me he wanted to do it finally!

so we read it for 2 weeks and than the day christmas vacation started (he goes to pre-school) i told him that big boys use underwear and babies use diapers and as much as he begged me i would not let him have a diaper until bed time, we had a few accidents but he learned quickly. we also did the big hoopla thing when he did pee or poop on the potty. we sang and danced and got him excited and put a sticker on his potty chart everytime he pee'd and gave him a lollypop everytime he pooped.

we also did not use a potty, we put a children's seat that fits right into the regular toilet and got him a small step stool to help him climb by himself.

when she is ready, she will tell you. dont push too hard because than she will regress even more.

Justine1123
by Justine on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:17 AM
My mom comes around bc we live in the same town and makes snide comments whenever I buy diapers or change a diaper and makes rude comments.

Quoting HaydensMommy007:

really not understanding what your mother has to do with anything. You are your childs mother. You get to make the rules.

My DD was potty trained before she 2.5, but she was ready. She picked out her panties, I made a chart, got some stickers. In the morning I sat her on the potty and made her try. Put her in the panties and every 20-30 mins I would take her and sit her on the potty. I didnt ask her if she had to go (on the first day at least). Sometimes she peed, sometimes she didnt. She got a sticker on her chart no matter what.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:21 AM

tell your mom to shut up. i had alot of rude comments too about my DS and him being in a diaper at 3, especially when i went to visit my family over seas last august. i just told them that when he is ready he will be ready and im not pushing it and if they dont like it than dont look.

Quoting Justine1123:

My mom comes around bc we live in the same town and makes snide comments whenever I buy diapers or change a diaper and makes rude comments.

Quoting HaydensMommy007:

Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:24 AM
I know a lot of people may say this and like I, you might brush it off. You need to wait until they are ready. Sitting them on the Potty occasionally is fine but in reality, they won't train till they're ready. I tried forever with my son & got so upset many times. About 2 weeks before his third birthday he was ready & just started going. We had him fully day & night train with no accidents in 2 weeks. Don't stress momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)