Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abducted Littleton girl, 5, found in Europe, mother faces charges

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM
  • 4 Replies

saw this on cnn.com and thought i would share with cafemom.

LITTLETON, Colo. -- A 5-year-old Littleton girl who had been missing since June 2010 has been located in Germany, thanks to a joint investigation involving local and international authorities, Littleton Police announced Tuesday.  

The girl's father, Bijan Richard, of Littleton, says seeing his daughter again is something he couldn't have imagined even a week ago.

Richard had just returned to Colorado from Germany empty-handed, after an informant tipped him off to his abducted daughter's location.

"It was very difficult.  I was pretty much at wits end," he says.  "All hope was lost.

Megan Richard was found by Interpol agents in Germany last week in the custody of her mother, who now faces charges for illegally taking Megan out of the country, according to police.

Megan's mother, 43-year-old Robin Siler, snatched the girl during a parental visit in June of last year and took her overseas.  She is in German custody and awaiting extradition back to the United States to face charges.

Richard says the informant met Siler and his daughter in Germany and said something felt wrong.  They had conflicting stories about Richard, so the informant did some investigating online and found out the secret Siler was hiding.  He then messaged Richard.

Richard was feeling blue after his return home--thinking he might never see his daughter. 

"Then, I got a phone call last Wednesday," he says.

It was from his attorney in Germany, calling to tell Richard that his daughter had been located.

Megan and her mother had been separated, and Megan was staying with a foster family until Richard could get there. 

Richard returned to Germany, and this time he would see his baby girl in the hands of Child Protective Services.

"As soon as Megan saw me, she jumped into my arms and yelled 'Daddy,' says Richard.  "We hugged for a good two-and-a-half, three minutes, and then she just talked and talked.  It was a happy reunion."

Richard says it was like the day Megan was born. 

"It was almost like rebirth.  It's holding your child in your hand," he says, "It's something I had not done for ten months."

Megan was 4-years-old when she disappeared last June.  She's now five, and Richard says he missed out on watching his daughter grow up during the ten months that she was missing, but he's grateful she's now home.

"I'm not trying to look back, I'm moving forward.  I'm through with this hellish ordeal," he says.  "I'm just ecstatic that my child has returned."

He says Megan's vocabulary is larger and her hair is shorter.  He thinks Siler was trying to disguise her in plain sight.

They said they've been honest with Megan about what happened.

"I said it will be some time before mommy is around. We'll go back home and do regular Colorado stuff for a while," Richard says.

They'll have plenty of time now to tell her the particulars as she gets older.

Siler faces a felony charge of violating a custody order.

Littleton Police did not know yet when she'll be returned to their custody from German authorities

the link for the video

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-abducted-littleton-girl-5-found-in-europe-20110412,0,1759086.story

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GOluvvie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM
Wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clhelms
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Wow!  This is honestly my biggest fear.  I am scared to death that I will drop off DD with her dad and never see her again.  As much as he tries to convience me he would never do it, I still have nightmares about it.  Thank goodness this man got his baby back.

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Oh, my!

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Wow...What an ordeal..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)