Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dog lovers. or people who have a lot of experience with animals.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM
  • 2 Replies

okay i have a five month old puppy and she is outside and inside. I let her out first thing this morning to go potty and when i brought her back in she usually runs to the food bowl. so i went and filled it up and started getting my kids breakfast. i didnt see her when i finished so i went in the back to look for her and within those five mins she had "tried" to poo in two different rooms. i say poo because one was a little bitty brown runny spot and the other was clear mucus with grass and blood in it. sorry TMI. I know dogs eat grass if there tummy is upset but is there any reason for it to be clear and bloody? and before you bash yes i am going to take her to the vet first chance i get. my hubby is at work and has our car and take off today and our other car is broke down. plus she is big it would be impossible for me to take her with my two toddlers by myself because i cant carry her bc im preggo. is this something i should be concerned about or is it normal with jsut an upset stomach. she wouldnt eat a minute ago so i gave her some cheese and she ate it. she's happy just not very entergetic right now but she could just be tired bc she just got up from a nap.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
romanceparty4u
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:01 PM
bloody diarrhea or mucousy poop in a pup would always alarm me and make me thing worms or parvo. Parvo can kill--esp puppies. There has been a lot of cases of parvo, it's very contagious, and your pup may have brought it from wherever you got it. Go to the vet.
NevaehAndAjsMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:02 PM

thank you! i was afraid of that!

Quoting romanceparty4u:

bloody diarrhea or mucousy poop in a pup would always alarm me and make me thing worms or parvo. Parvo can kill--esp puppies. There has been a lot of cases of parvo, it's very contagious, and your pup may have brought it from wherever you got it. Go to the vet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)