Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This sale better be worth it! Update

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:12 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am selling my kids old clothes and toys, along with a double stroller at the JBF sale this weekend.  I am almost done tagging the items, but man!  It has taken three days!  I get 70% of the sale, I would rather do this versus a yard sale because people just haggle and I am not comfortable with that.  Has anyone done this yet?

UPDATE!

I am done!  Phew, that was a lot of work!  I will be loading everything and dropping it off this evening.  I have 110 items to sell!  

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my_three_sons
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:37 PM

I just did it for the first time last weekend.  The one here is called Leprechaun Lillys.  It was sooo much work getting everything together!  All the items had to be facing the same way on the hangers, I had to safety pin pants and shorts to hangers and tag everything etc....
I have not gotten my check yet but out of 117 items, I didn't sell 8 of them.  I am not sure what I made yet just because the last day of the sale if half off...so I don't know if they sold before the last day at full price or not.

art.diva
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:39 PM

No, I'm too lazy.  I just donate them.

SamandBrian943
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:43 PM
I take everything to the childrens orchard or once upon a child for store credit ang get what he needs with that. Its so much easier and we haven't had to spend much for him in 2 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RockinMama0608
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Quoting art.diva:

same here

lovingwifey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Here it takes two weeks.  I hope I do good!  Of course though I will spend all the money I do make on clothes for the kids. lol.  I also have some bigger items to sell, so we shall see! lol

Quoting my_three_sons:

I just did it for the first time last weekend.  The one here is called Leprechaun Lillys.  It was sooo much work getting everything together!  All the items had to be facing the same way on the hangers, I had to safety pin pants and shorts to hangers and tag everything etc....
I have not gotten my check yet but out of 117 items, I didn't sell 8 of them.  I am not sure what I made yet just because the last day of the sale if half off...so I don't know if they sold before the last day at full price or not.

StaryEyed718
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM

what is jbf

lovingwifey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:12 PM

just between friends

Quoting StaryEyed718:

what is jbf

ddhb2007
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:13 PM

We donate our daughter's used clothing to organizations.  It's less headache, and we get the tax write off at the end of the year.

lovingwifey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:16 PM

We usually do that too, but I want to try this.  Its worth a shot. 

Quoting ddhb2007:

We donate our daughter's used clothing to organizations.  It's less headache, and we get the tax write off at the end of the year.

P.V.Hawkwind
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Quoting RockinMama0608:

Quoting art.diva:

same here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)