Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a roommate?! WTF?!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:30 PM
  • 14 Replies

According to the water company and the apartment manager I'm just a roommate and my husband is the one actually renting the apartment. I called the water company and tried to change the name on the bill (because the last name was correct, but the first name wasn't) and she said I couldn't because I was only listed as a roommate.

This is bs. I am the one that filled out the application and I put my name as the person renting and my husband as the "roommate". I don't understand why they had to change it. I'm assuming it's because he has a penis.

I'm just really annoyed with it. And this isn't the first time this crap has happened. Am I overreacting?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tangerine11
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:42 PM

BUMP!

lmthen
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I've never heard of putting a spouse down as a "roommate" on a bill.

Why can't both your names be on it?

Both my husband and my name are on everything and he pays the bills.

lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM

WTF. Where do you live so I know not to go there? When renting my husband and I always were both on the lease as tenents and all of the bills were in both of our names. that way if something comes up we can deal with it and not bug the other person at work or what ever and it also works well for paying bills.

Zoeysmom09
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM
I don't think it's a big deal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
okhsmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Quoting Zoeysmom09:

Some of our bills are in my name, because I opened the account, like cable, and others my husband opened, like the gas bill.  We neither one can change any info on the accounts in which we are not the person of record.  Its not a big deal.  It has nothing to do with genitals. 

tangerine11
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I guess it's because when I applied for the apartment I put my name at the top and then added his name and my daughter's to additional occuppants. And the water bill is based on the lease. It is odd.

Quoting lmthen:

I've never heard of putting a spouse down as a "roommate" on a bill.

Why can't both your names be on it?

Both my husband and my name are on everything and he pays the bills.

tangerine11
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM

I applied for it in my name. He is just an additional occuppant or was until they changed it.

Quoting okhsmom:

Quoting Zoeysmom09:

Some of our bills are in my name, because I opened the account, like cable, and others my husband opened, like the gas bill.  We neither one can change any info on the accounts in which we are not the person of record.  Its not a big deal.  It has nothing to do with genitals. 

P.V.Hawkwind
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Idk both of our names are on the accounts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morethanme_you
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:56 PM

lol "because he has a penis" ... this is exactly what is wrong with the world.

tangerine11
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:56 PM

I live in the south :p

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

WTF. Where do you live so I know not to go there? When renting my husband and I always were both on the lease as tenents and all of the bills were in both of our names. that way if something comes up we can deal with it and not bug the other person at work or what ever and it also works well for paying bills.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)