Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You shouldn't be on Cafemom if...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:40 PM
  • 66 Replies

If you don't have any kids, nor are you pregnant, then why are you on cafemom? Is it because you are TTC? Just wondering.. Ive come across some women on here who have no kids, not pregnant and TTC. Idk, if you arent pregnant (with no kids) I don't think you should be on here because you are not a mother yet. 

On the second note. If you are an adoptive/foster mother/have lost a child. Thats totally understandable. 

But if you have NO kids NOT pregnant, then WHY? 

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
citymomch
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:41 PM

To learn from other mothers, to get advice, support.  If a woman isn't TTC and has no intention of ever doing so, I don't think she should be on here, but if a woman is or plans to TTC, then I think she should be allowed on here. It's never to early to learn to be a mom.

sherriewlk
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Well there are TTC groups on here, so I understand them trying to get advice is TTC...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherriewlk
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:43 PM
Advice *ON* TTC...sorry

Quoting sherriewlk:

Well there are TTC groups on here, so I understand them trying to get advice is TTC...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Regina_Falange
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:43 PM
Some are angel mamas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
okhsmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:44 PM

So many posts/groups aren't even about motherhood.  There are marriage groups, bitch groups, do you love coffee groups, etc.  There are many reasons women in general would be attracted to this site.  Perhaps CafeWomen would have been a more appropriate moniker.  IDK...

echoishername
by Misty on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I completely agree. This isn't Cafe "I want to be a" Mom

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM

bump

zombiemommy7
by mamakels on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Quoting echoishername:

I completely agree. This isn't Cafe "I want to be a" Mom

Exactly! lol

art.diva
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I think women who are TTC have a good reason to be on here.  But women who only have fur babies and no desire to have real children should probably find a different site...lol

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I often wondered this myself. Maybe for the drama of all the troll posts? I couldnt conceive for 13 years and coming online to a mommy forum was the last place i wanted to check out..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)