Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want to be a stay at home mom anymore!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM
  • 15 Replies
I want to work very part time. Like 10 hours a week. I have many reasons for wanting to get a job......I miss working, I miss having the social aspect that a job brings, I miss getting ready for work, my DD isn't well bonded with DH...she will always come to me when I'm home and I think it would be good for her to get some more alone time with Daddy. My MIL says that I am being selfish. I don't think so. I would still be home with DD all day until DH gets home and then I would go to work. DH is part owner and manager of a C-Store and that is where I would work. Anyways, what do you ladies think? Am I crazy for wanting to work and for missing it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM

no you aren't crazy. It's pretty normal what you are feeling...I say go for it!

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:49 PM

You have to do what feels right to you.  It's so few hours a week and if you work when dh is home, then I would go for it. 

angelbabies11
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:49 PM

No, I don't think you are crazy at all. I think it's normal to have those feelings and if you want to then go for it!!!

HaydensMommy007
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM

everyone is different...

I have no desire to work out side the home. This is where I belong.

MommaLion316
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM
Me too but I want to work work so I'm finishing school yay I can't be a SAHM it's just not enough for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Regina_Falange
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM
To each their own. I hate the thought I am going to have to dump my kids in a daycare to go back to work. :-( gives me anxiety attacks for various reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
okhsmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Gosh, by all means, get a job then.  Try to pacify grandma until she warms to the idea.  Not that you have to have her blessing, but if during your work time, hubby needs help, she won't be grumbling about your working. 

shajdinyak
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM
I work very part time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RosellaBella
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Go for it! you need a break!!! all the things you said i want too!!! so bad! i am not a SAHM and i wish i was because i day dream of having play dates and going out and organizing myself. but no i work from home all day with my DH on top of me, it sucks so bad!!! i so wish i could also get a job and work and be sociable and get dressed. i basically want to do anything but what i am doing now! so dont listen to your MIL its your life not hers!!! do it you really should!!! sometimes we know what would make us truly happy and if you have the option then 100% go for it!

Mesha125
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:54 PM

No, nothing is wrong with that. Your MIL is a bitch

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)