Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am starting to get aggrivated with parents these days, she just painted his toenails...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:46 PM
  • 34 Replies

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110413/ts_yblog_thelookout/hot-pink-toenailed-boy-in-j-crew-ad-sparks-controversy

I ran across this article on Yahoo, it's about an article in J Crew catalog where a mother talks about painting her sons toenails. Now there are tons of parents up in arms about it, some wacked out psychotherapist is saying she is scaring the child for life. WHAT THE F***ing hell is wrong with people these days, we have nothing better to do than have fits about toe nails, seriously parents, let up a little, it's toenails! She didn't tattoo him, she didn't beat him, she didn't abuse him in any way, all she did was spend an afternoon with her son painting his toenails, she was actually spending quality time with him! It's not going to scar him, it's not going to turn him gay, and she is spending time with her son! If you don't want to paint your sons toenails then don't, but don't whine about it to the catalog!  I am getting really sick of parents gets up in arms about stupid shit, don't want a breastfeeding doll, don't buy it, don't want to paint your sons toes, then don't, don't like whats on a cartoon, don't watch it,don't like a toy don't buy it, don't like a catalog, don't read it,  but don't write to companies bitching about it,cause it makes you sound like whiny assholes!

I hear all these parents screaming don't buy this doll, or don't paint your childs toenails and they get all up in arms about it, but then when I see REAL child abuse, Im suppose to mind my own business! This world is going insane!

BY THE WAY...I have painted my sons toenails before when he asked, I see no harm in it, I was painting mine and he asked so I painted them, and his daddy could have cared less!

VENT OVER!!

Photobucket

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommywife06
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:47 PM
I paint my son's toenails in hopes he turns gay ;P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:48 PM
Agreed!

Two of my boys got into my makeup this morning, actually lol! I washed it off of them and told them to stay out of Mommy's things. But I have also painted clear coat on their toes at one time or another!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:49 PM

i saw it on the stir. i could not believe people. i just painted my sons nails a few days ago and posted a pic on facebook, some people FREAKED.

my son asked me to paint his nails while i was doing mine because he wanted to be "pretty like mommy", i had no issues with that, it was fun for us both to do, and it was a nice break for me from playing with trucks and cars!

2boys_1girl
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:49 PM

We as a society put a stigma on men having painted nails, as the kid grows up he will decide what to think about it.

for now... who cares?

KandiceN
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:50 PM

My son is 2.  He has an older sister.  To him, he sees mommy and big sis doing their nails and wants his done too.  So I do his too.  He's happy, we're happy, no harm is done.

When my grandpa was a baby/little kid he wore pink dresses and had his hair curled.  In fact most little boys did.  None of them were "turned gay"

jkleinman
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:51 PM
DIDN'T YOU KNOW? complaining about it is easier than just not doing the same thing and it's people's job to make each other feel and like look bad parents for every little thing we do. Note the sarcasm. Seriously though, I agree with you completely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitty18
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:51 PM

I paint my son's nails when he asks me too. He sees me do mine and his baby sisters and wants his done was well. I am not going to tell him no cause then he'll be all sad and feel left out. He gets his done blue. He goes into the bedroom and gets out whatever color he wants and does it himself lol. Usually he does a good job, and he usually picks pink or red LOL

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:52 PM

My boys used to ask me to paint their nails all the time, they aren't scared.....

Oh and I agree with the OP.

ahappymommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Exactly ...WHO CARES! But there are all these parents throwing a stink, wanting the catalog removed so people can't see it and think it's OK to paint their sons toenails, its ridiculous!

Quoting 2boys_1girl:

We as a society put a stigma on men having painted nails, as the kid grows up he will decide what to think about it.

for now... who cares?

Photobucket

winkles115
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:53 PM
My bf would kill me if we had a boy and I painted his nails
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)