Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH! Help... Girls Potty training...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter keeps telling me WHEN she is peeing ang pooping...

I try to get her to the potty...but its a fail everytime. I tried the whole naked thing and it was just a mess... (Plus my stepson is overly curious and makes her uncomfy...they are the same age)...

Ive sat her on the potty for extended time and she pees as soon as she hops off!

My mother actually potty trained my son while I was in the hospital for 6 days after my csection!

I thought girls were easy and once she started to tell me....She'd be ready...

Im SOOOO lost! HELP! lol

Oh yea....shes 2.5!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:26 PM

only way for dd was to have her wear panties..

Lottie925
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:33 PM

My suggestions?

A. Don't let her do pull ups for too long. They make the process last longer.

B. My DD LOVED this book. Does a great job of explaining how we go from being a baby to being older. http://www.amazon.com/You-Potty-Sears-Children-Library/dp/0316788880/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1302722980&sr=8-1

C. Look for the signs that she's going to go. Mine would hide from me. lol go to another room unexpectedly.

D. Have an older girl that she likes show her (like a cousin or good friend whose Mom is witht them and agreeable).

E. See if your library has any potty training videos - mine likes Bear and the Big blue house potty time. Nothing special at all.. but she liked it.

F. Have her wear UNDERWEAR! It take a few changes. But it's worth it.

Good luck!

DeirdraG.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:33 PM

She has panties... Tinkerbells she picked out. I have pullups too... :/ She just tells me as she is going or when she is done... Even if I catch her...the trail just goes to the potty and she stops as soon as she sits with a smile and a "all done pee"... Shes lucky shes cute...lol... :)

Brooklynn8107
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:36 PM

BUMP...My DD was easy to potty train, but what i did with her was everytime i went potty, i made her go potty with me, and we started a sticker reward chart for everytime she went pee or poop, that way she felt like she was doing it on her own. Jus try having her wear underwear around the house and pull-up's at bedtime, she  may have a few accidents along the way but from experience, she's not going to like the wet feeling in her undies and pretty soon (hopefully), start using the potty all the time..
Good luck mama!!!!

DeirdraG.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:36 PM

TY, I will look into the book...

She doesnt hide...She even tells me when she is going...

There are no older girls. Brookes the only girl in her generation... :/

She LOVES the huggies DVD and  the potty dance and the elmo potty book and potty movie... But I will see about bear and the big blue house! TY!

Quoting Lottie925:

My suggestions?

A. Don't let her do pull ups for too long. They make the process last longer.

B. My DD LOVED this book. Does a great job of explaining how we go from being a baby to being older. http://www.amazon.com/You-Potty-Sears-Children-Library/dp/0316788880/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1302722980&sr=8-1

C. Look for the signs that she's going to go. Mine would hide from me. lol go to another room unexpectedly.

D. Have an older girl that she likes show her (like a cousin or good friend whose Mom is witht them and agreeable).

E. See if your library has any potty training videos - mine likes Bear and the Big blue house potty time. Nothing special at all.. but she liked it.

F. Have her wear UNDERWEAR! It take a few changes. But it's worth it.

Good luck!

DeirdraG.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)