Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm in bean bag-bean hell!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

I stayed home from work because I have laryngitis (no voice) at the tail end of the flu - I teach kindergarteners so I need to rest my voice so I can communicate with them.

I kept my daughters home because I had a dr appt and didn't have time to take them to school before they were counted absent for the day any way, so I just let them stay home.  BIG MISTAKE.

My daughters (age 7.5 and 9) poked a hole in a throw pillow full of those tiny white styrofoam beads you find in bean bags.  THEN they decided to play in it because it looks like snow....Now it's all over their room, the hall, the stairs, the living room, the dining room, the kitchen and...when they dumped out the vacuum they missed the trash and now it's all over my yard.  I actually had them vacuum the yard to clean up most of the beans.

They have been cleaning and vacuuming for about an hour now and it's still not all gone - I am pretty sure it never will be.  I will always find little white bean bag beans...even if I move from this house some of them - I am sure - will make the move with us.  They stick to EVERYTHING!  Including the vacuum!

I haven't yelled at my kids in a long time - I am not typically a "yeller" - but today I lost it on them.  I TOLD THEM to notify me as soon as something like that happens BEFORE it spreads.  Grrrrr....

Now my voice is even worse and my throat hurts.  So much for staying at home to rest today!  I need a nap....sucking on a honey Ricola throat lozenge for now...

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_dl6
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:52 PM

poor mom,, those things do suck.. i hate packing peanuts too! get better soon!

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Hope you feel better soon.

Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:58 PM
Yup dd ripped open a bean bag in our LAST place and we are still finding those damn things here in our new place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beka83
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:59 PM

hope your better soon!!

rolliepollie81
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I hate those little balls they stick to everything.

texassahm
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:01 PM

I'll take packing peanuts over styrofoam beans any day! 

I looked outside at my daughters vacuuming the grass and dirt around the trash can and my genius 9yr old had the vacuum in her mouth trying to blow out a blocked tube.  DOH!

Quoting mom_dl6:

poor mom,, those things do suck.. i hate packing peanuts too! get better soon!

LCG83
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Oh no. Hope you feel better asap!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysteriousdaze
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:02 PM

I hate those things! For your throat, you might want to sip on a cup of warm chamommile tea with some honey to sweeten it. It always makes my throat feel better!

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM
Hope you feel better.

And I wouldn't rush out to replace the bean bag chairs!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
texassahm
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM

This is what I fear...I would have rather kept it contained to their room, but no luck...I'm also afraid the birds are going to think they are food and get sick.  I'm also worried my neighbors are going to be irked when our beans end up in their yard.

Quoting Sarina.c.c:

Yup dd ripped open a bean bag in our LAST place and we are still finding those damn things here in our new place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)