Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Isnt this going a little to far?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM
  • 27 Replies

As a parent I would be absolutely horrified and very pissed off if this were to happen to my child. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42568865/ns/travel-news/?GT1=43001

Checkit out. How would you respond?

You can bomb the world into pieces but you cannot bomb the world into peace.

Remember...Just going to church doesn't make you a
Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.

And a church is NOT a museum of saints
but a hospital for sinners
Every saint has a PAST...
Every sinner has a FUTURE!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_dl6
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:06 PM

yeah it's getting WAY OUTTA CONTROL damn! i would be very pissed

Lanie_momofone
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I have divided feelings on it.

No they shouldn't have really touched the child at all, but on the other hand why should children be exempt to being screened just like an adult would? If the children were exempt from it , that would give someone an easier way  to hide something when going through an airport, they can just hide it on their child.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:16 PM

bump

mallowcup17
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:18 PM

bump

haileysmom2833
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:18 PM
I agree with Lanie. While it is would upset me, it would upset me even more for a child to be used as a drug mule or suicide bomber because they were not checked. The woman did her job, she even said out loud what she was doing and had the mom watch the whole thing, even change position to see what she was doing on the front of the child.
muslimahmommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:20 PM

My  best friend had her 6 month old patted down last summer. The lady started to focus in on his groin I guess because of the diaper and she told them you either give us a private room with your supervisor there or you stop touching my child. They made her hold the 6  month old out from her body holding him under the arm pits while they patted him down. When asked why they were stopped the TSA agent said they randomly select people...........

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:24 PM

I guess I expected to see a video of a child being groped.  Hmmm...  All I saw was a modified 'pat down.'  I don't see anything wrong with it.  Maybe the little girl was so upset because her parents were upset.

juju40
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:24 PM

omg some parents are to sensitive these days.....terrorist use everything and anyone they dont care not mention drug dealers are known to use children for drugs.I wouldn't have gotten upset just tell your child that its necessary for our safety, besides people should know that when you travel your going to get pat down....

CupOfCake88
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:30 PM

I think that TSA is getting just ridiculous.  Have they found bombs with all of this extra security? No. They have not.

skyelyns_mommie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:31 PM

hmm see i watched the video and really i see nothing wrong here. i'm sorry but the agent did her job and i did not see anything that would upset me. it was a modified pat-down, the agent explained it to the child, if that was my daughter no i would not be upset. sorry but this is how i feel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)