Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am woman enough to admit it....

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:11 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am jealous of my Husband. 2 weeks ago, he had to go to SC for work. Ok, not so jealous of that part because he did have to work his butt off down there. However, this past week(and until tomorrow night) he is at a Food Safety conference in Chicago.

Yep, I am jealous! He gets a weeks vacation, great dinners, and Adult conversation all week!!!! (lol). We never go on vacation. If I ever get a chance to go out without the kids, it is only for like an hour,lol. I just talked to him, and he is on his way to the hotel to wait for the rest of the Corporate guys, then they are all going out to dinner....we are having left overs. He is having a blast, and I am about to go insane!!! Between the kids, and this puppy.........I am SO ready for Friday, and a Big glass of wine!

So how is your week going?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cherieb10
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Did you mention to him that next week it will be your turn and he has to stay home?  lol

lovingwifey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Oh I feel the SAME WAY!  Hubby is in the field right now, believe it or not, I am jealous!  lol.  I LOVED going to the field while I was in the Army.  I am here at home with a 4 year old, and 3 year old twins, one of my three year olds were sick monday and tues, I am getting ready for a big consignment sale, my back hurts, ect.  He left Monday Morning, he is getting home Friday evening and I am going to drink Friday nigh, and sleep ALL weekend. lol

lifeisboog

What does he doooo? I have a degree in Food science and I'm still fascinated by it but like you stuck at home doing nothing while hubby's out being an adult. lol I feel your pain.

RheaF

I wish! Unfortunatly, it never works that way. I did mention that I will be drinking this weekend, and he graciously volunteered to do kid duty, and "let me" sleep in on Saturday,lol.

skyelyns_mommie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:17 PM

lol oh sweetie i know the feeling :) big hugs :) and my week is great :) my bday is sunday and i get to go out saturday with my friends and this nice guy i have been talking to ( also a single parent) to gameswork and jo's crab shack :) if you were in southern ohio i'd invite you for drinks!!

RheaF
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM

He is the QA manager of a Poultry(chicken) processing plant. I would NEVER want his job, I get the joys of cleaning his clothes on the days when he has to be out in the plant floor(well I always do the laundry, but..), thats as close as I ever want to come,lol.

It would be nice to be like...."Oh honey, I have to go for work",lol. Last time it was at a Hunting Lodge in TX! (And yes I know it was actually for work, I saw the itenerary, and we are WAY to broke for him to take vaca and just go,lol)

Quoting lifeisboog:

What does he doooo? I have a degree in Food science and I'm still fascinated by it but like you stuck at home doing nothing while hubby's out being an adult. lol I feel your pain.

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:22 PM

That'll be nice...I forget sometime how to have an adult conversation due to the fact I'm talking to a 3yr.old grandson 5 days a week. lol!

Quoting RheaF:

I wish! Unfortunatly, it never works that way. I did mention that I will be drinking this weekend, and he graciously volunteered to do kid duty, and "let me" sleep in on Saturday,lol.

JT32606
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:22 PM

=[
i wish i could get more than 25 minutes of being awake with my DF..
hes out of state alot for work...or if hes working in state...hes working 15 hours a DAY. and hes being deployed the end of may.
yeah...this really sucks.

i see him for about 20 minutes before he goes to sleep.
and about 5 mins at 5am.
pretty soon..he wont be coming home for a long time and ill be sleeping alone.

RheaF
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Ok, now he's just rubbing it in. I just got an email that said....

Now we are going to a basketball game. One of the VP's got tickets and didn't want to go, so he gave them to us....hehe...I guess we HAVE to go? ;)

REALLY?! Meanwhile back at the ranch(aka...here) our children have decided their toy shelves are ompletly optional. We should all just throw everything all over the place...it'll be fun!!!!

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I used to travel for work but not anymore and I do miss it.  Even though it was work, it was nice because I only had to take care of ME.  I had privacy in the bathroom, a bed to myself...ahhh...

DH was in Chicago last week and is going to Madison again next week while I work and chauffer the kids around.  A break would be nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)