Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

microfiber ? help

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

anyone know the easiest way to clean microfiber couches ? i have the chocolate ones and they are 2 monthes old these kids are ruining them and i already want to throw them out .its pissing me off .

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:20 PM

my husband just steam cleaned my son's microfiber chair and it looks good.  Not sure if that's the right way to clean it but it works for us.

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I take the cushion covers off and throw them in the washer, no I'm not joking! Come out as clean as the day we bought it.

aydansmomma04
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM

I take a mixture of warm water and a small amount of laundry soap (add oxiclean if really dirty) and wipe clean with a rag.

angelgrl5200
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM
isnt there a protectant for that? id invest if i were you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susies3babies
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:25 PM

that shit doesnt work we got a bottle with the couch .

Quoting angelgrl5200:

isnt there a protectant for that? id invest if i were you

susies3babies
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM

i cant get the covers off of this couch .

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I take the cushion covers off and throw them in the washer, no I'm not joking! Come out as clean as the day we bought it.

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:27 PM

No zippers on the back? Call a carpet/upholstery cleaning surface and tell them you need your microfiber couch shampooed..

Quoting susies3babies:

Quoting lanceandhailey:

susies3babies
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM

there is zippers but there is raised cushioning that doesnt come out . i used to have the camel color ones and they were so easy to clean but the chocolate ones are horrid .

Quoting lanceandhailey:

No zippers on the back? Call a carpet/upholstery cleaning surface and tell them you need your microfiber couch shampooed..

Quoting susies3babies:

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM

get a couch cover.

Yolanda2316
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM
Thanks for making this post- got a new microfiber a month ago a realized today I need to spot clean but didn't know what to use!

I'm gonna try the rag and water and laundrysoap one, if it doesn't work ill let you know. My cushions don't come off so its that or pull out my little steam cleaner which I'm afraid to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)