Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop stop stop!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

my 2 year old has been having a temper tantrum for the past half hour. He wants to watch TV and I wont let him. His grandmother got him used to watching tv constantly and I wont allow that. He's having a major melt down about it and I will not give in. the thing is, usually if I ignore him for a few minutes he stops throwing a fit. This time he wont stop. It's a battle of wills and its giving me a major headache. I've offered him alternatives. I got down on the floor and tried playing with him. He wants nothing to do with me unless there is a tv remote in my hand. What works on your kids to get them to stop throwing a fit (without giving in)?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM
Put them in their room, tell them to come out when hes finished, shut door and walk away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:25 PM

yep, my 5 yr old does this for hours sometimes. i put him in his room and tell him he cannot come out until he is done...if its a short one i ignore it.

JDandme09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Hmmm usually i just ignore my son when he is throwing fits and that stops it.  That works for now but i know that won't last forever.

LoveMyBlessings
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:31 PM

If my kids want to have an outburst, they can have it in their rooms with the door closed. Nobody else needs to be forced to listen to their tantrum. They can come out when they have a happy heart and a better attitude.

metalhealthmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I hate to say it but I just put my son in his room and let him rage, lol. I don't give him any attention when he's throwing a fit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)