Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my sons teacher aide got fired today for being mean to him...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
so today i am sitting at home minding my business feeding dd and get a phone call from 5 yr old ds special needs preschool and the administrator tells me that they had a situation today with ds and the first thing i thought was 'oh god he did somethin really bad'. nope i was informed that ds who is autistic with sensory disorder and adhd didn't want to go outside cuz their food service truck (diesel) was there and he is scared of it cuz it is loud so the other teacher took him inside to the aide and told her to keep him occupied while the truck was there and the aide decides she is going to try and force adrian to go outside anyways and in the midst of her trying to force him outside he throws a Hell of a fit and she had a hold of his shirt and his shirt came off and he fell and has scrapes all over his back now. the administrator informed me that the aide was fired and his scrapes were treated but i still felt like i had to pick him up early just so i could love on him and tell him it would be ok. im so tired of ppl being mean to my lil boy i just want to scoop him up and hide in a hole with him forever so nobody will ever be mean or hurt him again :( vent over *sigh*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:39 PM
Atleast they did the right thing and canned her. I hope he feels better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crysnjosh
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:49 PM
he told me the big truck scared him :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnLauren
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:51 PM

:( your poor little boy but Im delighted to hear the school did something about it. Hope his ok and you xx

crysnjosh
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:53 PM
we are ok. it just broke my heart. i seriously cried over it cuz ppl just don't understand him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HomeSweetHome77
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:54 PM

aww im so sorry. but i didnt get the part where she was being mean to him. what did she say/do? is it OK for her to grab his shirt like that? or is that why she was fired?

i dont have a special needs child (i think.. my younger one is a bit iffy) so i dont know the protocol.. :( hope he is ok :)

NEMommaOf3
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Quoting HomeSweetHome77:

aww im so sorry. but i didnt get the part where she was being mean to him. what did she say/do? is it OK for her to grab his shirt like that? or is that why she was fired?

i dont have a special needs child (i think.. my younger one is a bit iffy) so i dont know the protocol.. :( hope he is ok :)

Ok, seriously, sorry if I sound like a total b*tch, but, when is it EVER okay for a teacher or an aide to physically lay hands on a child because they do not want to do something, especially if they are special needs children? I am in my final 6 months of college and we learned way back in my first semester that the ONLY time it is appropriate for an adult to physically lay hands on a student is if they are severely injured and need assistance OR if they are physically fighting and need to be separated...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)