Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice.. Is this witness/victim retaliation ? Updated 4/15

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:38 PM
  • 36 Replies

Today I had to go get a restraining order against my younger sister(21) because she has been threatening to fight me and everything else. She said she didn't care about going to jail for manslaughter for killing my baby (I'm 18 weeks pregnant).

I live on my mom's property but not in the same house, I own a trailer there. We pay that property taxes for the part of land we use and that was always considered our rent. Its been like that for about 4 years. Today after my sister was served with the papers for the protective order my mom decided to inform us we now have to pay $200 a month rent due immediately. I am going to bring it up in court bc I don't think its fair that I try to protect myself and I get punished for it.

**we are in the process of trying to find a place to move to so we don't have to deal with this any more. She obviously cares more about her drug addict daughter than her unborn granddaughter. 

Well things got so bad with my mom that we had to go get a restrainingorder against her too. She has been threatening my husband in front of my kids. She was yelling at me while I was walking through the yard with my son. She sent her boyfriend down to try to fight my husband in front of my kids. My son who is 4 keeps asking Why grandma is going to kill Daddy? Why is Danny calling Daddy bad words? The one that hurts the worst is why can't he go to Grandma's house? We are still looking for a place to move too. But haven't had any luck yet. At least we have 10 days of semi peace. I say Semi peace bc last night after she was served with the papers she called the cops and told them my husband was drunk and driving and he doesn't have a license. That was a lie. He was standing in our living room the whole time. So I'm sure she is going to make up more stuff to call the cops for. She is also recording us every single time we go outside. Yesterday before having to go get the protective order she came out and screamed at my husband and her bf was trying to fight my husbands friend that was here, as soon as she finished screaming she turned the camera on to try to make it look like my husband and her friend were starting fights with her. She is just crazy. I am so tired of this.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maddoxsmama
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:40 PM

In the last week we have had:

*syrup poured into our gas tank, and my sil's gas tank.

*a broken window in our house.

*3 dents put in our car

*a water pipe mysteriously get busted

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Your mom owns the property she has the right to charge you rent. It MAY be because of the issues with your sister, but the court wont tell her she cant charge you...

furbabymum
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:41 PM

well what exactly are you a witness of? I'm very confused. You don't sound like a witness you sound like a victim.

mcalpinmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:43 PM
I think it would be hard to prove that its related. But i would tell her where 2 go. I know its ur mom but u need 2 protect u and ur baby. Is there any where else u can go til u find a place a friends house or another relative? Well good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifehappy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:44 PM

The court won't care if you haven't been paying rent for 4 years; it's your mom's property, so whatever the reason, you'll probably have to pay.

momma-flynn
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I don't think it counts as witness retaliation, but what she's doing is not legal. Call the cops & file a report. 

Quoting maddoxsmama:

*3 dents put in our car

xxlilmomma09
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:47 PM
Your mother can charge rent for the usage of her land.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:48 PM
I would set up a camera to try to catch the person who is vandilizing the property. I would also not be complaining about 200 a month in rent. That rediculose. Move out and then you won't have to deal with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:48 PM

This

Quoting emilysmom8:

Your mom owns the property she has the right to charge you rent. It MAY be because of the issues with your sister, but the court wont tell her she cant charge you...

jennifert06
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Quoting momma-flynn:

I don't think it counts as witness retaliation, but what she's doing is not legal. Call the cops & file a report. 

Quoting maddoxsmama:

*3 dents put in our car

you should or need to call the police and make a report when things like this happen, so if you need to go to court you hae police reports tell your side of the story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)