Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those affected by addiction

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

If you are affected by someone close to you who suffers from addiction do you harbor any angry feelings toward them? My ex is an addict and I am filled with so much hate and anger toward him for his addiction and all he puts everyone thru.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:36 PM

bump

Sirenabella
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Yes, I have a lot of anger towards the addicts in my life. Especially b/c I have medical issues that I can't help and have to be on medications pretty much forever. There was nothing wrong with them and they chose to screw themselves up on purpose. It seems messed up to want that when they've seen what I've been through. 

2and2onway
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Yes, my mother. I lost out on the first 10 yrs of my life due to her addictions! She left me on my grandparents doorstep in the middle of a snow storm when I was 10. She found me when I was 29, she still struggles with alcohol, but not as bad.

momofone221
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:49 PM
Nope, not at all. Its an "addiction" it takes over the person and they no longer have control. That would be like getting angry at someone who has a mental illness IMO. Both need intervention and treatment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teresa06
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:52 PM
there are people in my life addicted to some bad heavy things and all I do is sit by and be there. I try to get this specific person off of it and its slowly helping. I dont get mad or anything tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:27 PM
bump
coug7099
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:28 PM

My son is an addict. I don't have any hate or anger towards him. Just sadness at how much this has cost him.

-xoxo-
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:32 PM

There are a huge mixture of feelings and emotions: sadness, resentment, loss of trust, anger, loss of hope, suspicion, bitterness, lack of intimacy....I could go on for days. The person is always recovering and many of people relapse. It brings a lot of pain to a family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)