Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those who have been on public assistance...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:53 PM
  • 37 Replies
And have gotten off :)

My stbx pays enough child support that I am no longer going to be on cash assistance. I will still receive food and medical, but all cash will be gone as of 5/1. I filed milage sheets to get paid for gas for the things they required me to do, but have yet to receive any money for it. Will they still put it on my card even after my cash benefits are gone? Or will I have to fight to get any of it now? They owe me almost $200.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heatherann0221
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:15 PM

I don't know. I thought you couldn't get cash benefits and child support at the same time.

km1970
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I have no idea...I do find it strange, they pay your gas to do those things you are required to do though... here's a bump

ladyvamp5489
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:23 PM

I have no idea, i have never qualified for cash assistance as i was told married ppl cant get it. Thats not just one office, its been several and a couple of different states too. Good Luck  One lady told me to divorce my DH so i could qualify for it even!  UGH!

eirejade
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:10 AM
The cs goes to the county first, they take their part, and gave me the rest

Quoting heatherann0221:

I don't know. I thought you couldn't get cash benefits and child support at the same time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eirejade
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:12 AM
Anything they require-classes, appointments set up through them, job searches-is paid $0.28 a mile here. I've been required to do classes since january

Quoting km1970:

I have no idea...I do find it strange, they pay your gas to do those things you are required to do though... here's a bump

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eirejade
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:16 AM
Here it's by income, marital status doesn't count. I can't file for divorce due to jurisdiction laws. He has to do everything. I'm in NY, he's in MA I think (he won't keep me updated on anything)

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

I have no idea, i have never qualified for cash assistance as i was told married ppl cant get it. Thats not just one office, its been several and a couple of different states too. Good Luck  One lady told me to divorce my DH so i could qualify for it even!  UGH!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelicembrace
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:21 AM
haha im in ma and my df is originally from ny lol..random i know

Quoting eirejade:

Here it's by income, marital status doesn't count. I can't file for divorce due to jurisdiction laws. He has to do everything. I'm in NY, he's in MA I think (he won't keep me updated on anything)

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellysp6637
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:22 AM

They "owe" you????  Sorry, that mentality always makes me cringe.

.kk.
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:31 AM

I don't know, they do not pay mileage for required duties here in TX that I am aware of.

jaydenzmama
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 7:32 AM
Bump...no ckue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)