Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just curious? Is there anyone on here who is raising their kids like this disgusting excuse for a parent?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:01 PM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: Well ?

Options:

Yes, I would have done the same thing...

Hell NO

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-mother-arrested-for-hitting-10yearold-on-school-bus-20110413,0,4549303.story

An Indianapolis mother was arrested after police say she hopped on a school bus and hit a 10-year-old boy. The incident occurred Tuesday afternoon in Lawrence Township.

Kristen Dinkins, 29, allegedly went on the bus because her son was involved in a fight. The driver told her to leave but she didn't listen. She reportedly went over to her son and told him "get him, get him." Officers say she then hit the right side of the face of the boy her son had been fighting with. She is now facing charges of battery and criminal trespass.

Lawrence Township Schools released a statement regarding the incident:

"The Lawrence Township Schools' administration is appalled by the alleged events of yesterday regarding an incident on one of our buses. Under no circumstances are parents to board school buses without the express permission of the driver. Our commitment to the safety of our children is paramount. We will cooperate fully with the IMPD and Lawrence Police investigations."

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KamiB79
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:02 PM
How ridiculous! What the hell us she teaching her kid?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristaP0713
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Apparently how to be a criminal...

Quoting KamiB79:

How ridiculous! What the hell us she teaching her kid?

piwife
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:03 PM
No but my mom would have taken me off the bus and beaten me. She did that a lot soo this story is no different then my childhood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicmain
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:04 PM

wow, wonders never cease. Some people should just not have kids. 

andreamarie
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:06 PM

BUMP!

noahscott
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:06 PM

no.. my son can defend himself and if he can't i'll go to the parents and staff about it.

karabearblu
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:06 PM
Oh.....Indiana!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k_hall1784
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:08 PM
Nope. I teach my kids to fight their own battles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Quoting noahscott:

no.. my son can defend himself and if he can't i'll go to the parents and staff about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalhealthmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:09 PM

I wouldn't encourage my son to fight. Defend himself, yes. And defend himself means if he needs to hit the other kid, fine, but only so that he can 'disarm' the kid or whatever and get away to someone that can help him. 

I would NEVER hit a child. I might put myself in between children fighting, but I would never strike another child even if my son got hurt. Yes, shit will happen. Kids will hit each other. My son having a boo boo or being involved in an altercation does not give me the right to hit that kid. I'm supposed to protect my son, not avenge him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)