Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heres your scenario, what would you do?? POIG

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:03 PM
  • 13 Replies
Heres your scenario....

You cheat on your SO within the first month of your relationship. You decide it was a mistake but never tell them. You never do it again, continue to keep it to your self. Your relationship goes on to turn into a marriage and your getting ready to celebrate your 20, 30 or even 50 year anniversary.
After all those years would you ever decide to tell your SO the truth? Why or why not?
No bashing please, I just like to see what other people would do in a certain situation

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommasue69
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:14 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberDR
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:16 PM
Nope. I would never tell.
TinaMarie72
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Was it truly "cheating", had you/I committed to a steady relationship?  Were the terms already set?

Sirenabella
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Wouldn't happen... but for your hypothetical, no I wouldn't tell b/c the only possible reason for telling is to release the guilt that's built up and that isn't any more fair to the other person after all that time than cheating to begin with. 

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM

no i  wouldn't. its in the past and there is absolutely no reason for him to know. it doesn't affect your relationship at all. 

mommasue69
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:20 PM
Hmmm never thought about those factors. Lets go with yes you were offically dating and by cheating it was actual sex.

Quoting TinaMarie72:

Was it truly "cheating", had you/I committed to a steady relationship?  Were the terms already set?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Quoting Beautifulmom513:

no i  wouldn't. its in the past and there is absolutely no reason for him to know. it doesn't affect your relationship at all. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TinaMarie72
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Sometimes the old adage "what they don't know, won't hurt them" does apply.  If it happened that early in the relationship and nothing was said then, I think I would bury that one in the closet with any other skeletons.  When it would have happened, it was early...how were you to know that the relationship was to last forever.  I mean, you always hope its "the one", but...

I would leave the past in the past.

Kodysmommy928
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM

I would never breathe a word to anyone.

LuvmyAiden
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Getting it off your chest might make you feel better but it will not help them any. Your pennance is to live with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)