Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

Today i took my daughter to work with me because i had no sitter for her.. She is 4 and we have a tv and i took some things for her to play with. I just got a call from my manager saying that she had to pass along the information and that she didn't want me to be surprised if something happens..  Yeah i could have asked someone to cover but NOONE ever covers for me. I mean i don't understand the big deal.. but apparently its not okay. Its not like im taking her everyday.. it was just one time. My gosh im freaking out.. i really hope they dont think its grounds to be fired... this day sucks.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlb0418
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:21 PM
What do you do? most places do think thats grounds to fire someone. when you bring your kid to work the company is responsible if the child gets hurt while there so they dont want to be held responsible.......did you even ask your boss before you just showed up with your kid atwork?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:21 PM

what kind of place do you work at and did you ask your manager if it was ok first or just show up with her?

3xangel
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Quoting Teeshann:

what kind of place do you work at and did you ask your manager if it was ok first or just show up with her?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toughenough1979
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Quoting jlb0418:

What do you do? most places do think thats grounds to fire someone. when you bring your kid to work the company is responsible if the child gets hurt while there so they dont want to be held responsible.......did you even ask your boss before you just showed up with your kid atwork?

youngmamma11
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Kids clothing store. I didn't ask because she's brought her kid before.

Quoting jlb0418:

krise
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:29 PM

You should have called your manger before you brought her in.

krise
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:31 PM

that doesn't matter, she could have asked her manger or superior on that matter.

Quoting youngmamma11:

Kids clothing store. I didn't ask because she's brought her kid before.

Quoting jlb0418:

stellarmom1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:32 PM
I agree! You should have called and asked first!

Quoting krise:

You should have called your manger before you brought her in.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romanceparty4u
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:32 PM

I would have (and have before) called in with a sick child, and made the offer to bring her in and work, or stay home and keep her home. At that point, the ball is in their court and it's their decision, they have to choose which one--not you.

Ktkazblake
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:33 PM

You should have asked first

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)